Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM

6 posts, read 7,852 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
Just moved to G-ville and am wondering where some good, close-by places to mountain bike might be. I'm familiar with all the good stuff up in Pisgah, Dupont and Tsali but am wondering if there's some local stuff for rides during the week. Also looking for potential group rides, too.
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 04:31 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Paris Mountain State Park is a great place to mountain bike.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:39 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Paris Mountain State Park is a great place to mountain bike.
+1 on Paris Mountain. Unfortunately you just missed a group ride tonight at Paris. http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=55521514458 will keep you posted of events. Occasionally, people head out to Croft or the Palmetto trail near Spartanburg during the week.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:09 AM

145 posts, read 356,378 times
some one was telling me about a old golfcourse that had been transformed into a bike park?? Im new in town also but thats what I heard, around Easley I think

Old 10-16-2010, 09:46 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KClookingatSC View Post
some one was telling me about a old golfcourse that had been transformed into a bike park?? Im new in town also but thats what I heard, around Easley I think
Ah, that would be the former upscale Millstone Golf Village located between Greenville and Easley. It makes sense, considering the very hilly terrain. It was one of my favorite courses shortly after its grand opening.

http://www.rms-events.com/Flyers/GCBI-1079-CyclocrossFlier-EXP.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM

Great, thanks, everyone!
Bikeoid, I just joined the Upstate SORBA Facebook page, so thanks for that. It also looks like I missed a trail day today, unfortunately.
Today I also heard about a Paris Mtn group ride on Tuesdays if you have lights, which I do. Is the Friday group ride at Paris Mtn that you mentioned a weekly occurrence? Thanks!

Old 10-16-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArrival333 View Post
Today I also heard about a Paris Mtn group ride on Tuesdays if you have lights, which I do. Is the Friday group ride at Paris Mtn that you mentioned a weekly occurrence? Thanks!
This has been a wild week - the ride I was thinking of was on Thursday, and was after a SORBA group meeting, so is not a regular occurrence. The Tuesday group is the only regular group meeting I know of.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Thanks, bikeoid. Hate I missed the meeting AND the ride on Thursday but what can you do
Oh and we rode Paris Mtn today and had a blast. Flying down the Kanuga trail was especially awesome.
Have you been on the Tuesday rides? Are they hammer-fests or a little more laid back? And one last question -- which parking lot do they meet at? Thanks!

Old 10-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArrival333 View Post
Have you been on the Tuesday rides? Are they hammer-fests or a little more laid back? And one last question -- which parking lot do they meet at? Thanks!
Yes, the Kanuga taril is the hidden gem of the upstate! It's been quite a while since I've been on a Tuesday ride. They had been meeting at the first parking lot to the right just after you enter the park. They were good about no one left behind and would regroup at the intersections. However, I prefer an even slower pace in which allows nature observation, so I haven't been in a while rather than being the permanent caboose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area