Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM

411 posts, read 853,430 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

For those of you in Greenville, do you have any recommendations for historic neighborhoods that are safe but don't cost an arm and a leg to buy into? It's starting to look like I've got a one way ticket to G'ville to join my hubby, and I'm concerned that we won't be able to buy a historic home.

I know that parts of San Souchi are okay. I've also looked in the older neighborhoods off of Laurens Road near Cleveland Park. I scan the MLS listings pretty frequently, and there just doesn't seem to be a lot of stock out there right now.

I'm open to fixer-uppers, but my one "must" is safety. After buying into a transitional neighborhood in Columbia, and losing a few thousand dollars through burglaries, my urban pioneering days are over.

Oh, and when I say affordable I mean under $150k.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 06:03 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Check out Clarendon Avenue. It is only a few blocks off Buncombe near Cherrydale. A wonderful old street that goes several blocks. The street has a tree lined median for most of the length. The homes are old and beautiful. The yards are overgrown in a manicured way (if that makes sense). Feels a bit like an English lane. We looked at the same house multiple times, but the people would not come down on pricing. It was 295K and it still needed lots of work. Fantastic street.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 PM

411 posts, read 853,430 times
Thanks for recommendation!

Is that the neighborhood near the Habitat for Humanity store? If it is, yes it's gorgeous. :-) I don't think I've seen much come up for sale there, guess I'll have to do a drive through and look for FSBOs.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 AM

511 posts, read 1,522,647 times
Default historic homes

www.greenvillesc.gov/Culture/History/HistoricDistricts.aspx Don't know if this will help you or not as it may not classify as undiscovered but you can check out this website for historic homes:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area