Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

Pizza City and Tito's are both excellent choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,548,182 times
OP believe you mentioned Tony's....not sure if this is the same place or not but have you tried Tony's NY Style Pizza on Haywood Road? It is located in the shopping center where TJ Maxx is. Tony is from Queens, NY, sells his pizza by the slice the way any true NY pizza should be sold and if you are looking for that true NY pizza taste this place is it.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:10 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
OP believe you mentioned Tony's....not sure if this is the same place or not but have you tried Tony's NY Style Pizza on Haywood Road? It is located in the shopping center where TJ Maxx is. Tony is from Queens, NY, sells his pizza by the slice the way any true NY pizza should be sold and if you are looking for that true NY pizza taste this place is it.
I will back you up on this one. It is great.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:16 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Yes, that is the good Tony's, very good pizza. But there's another small chain, maybe 2 or 3 locations, also called Tony's and some people get the two confused.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,655 times
We really need to know what kind of pizza you like to give you real suggestions. We could tell you "X" place is the best ever but if you don't like that style pizza you're never going to like it.

As far as I'm concerned, Bellacinos is the best pizza in town by far, even better than NY pizza IN NY (to me). To me it's the best pizza I've had ever, anywhere, period. But, that's just me.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
We really need to know what kind of pizza you like to give you real suggestions. We could tell you "X" place is the best ever but if you don't like that style pizza you're never going to like it.

As far as I'm concerned, Bellacinos is the best pizza in town by far, even better than NY pizza IN NY (to me). To me it's the best pizza I've had ever, anywhere, period. But, that's just me.
Bellacino's is the only pizza in Greenville that I've also really liked. There is a place in Mauldin called Moretti's, and their's might be worth a try. Also Barley's Taproom. What bothers me most about this topic is that all pizza around here is exactly the same. Every time I go to try a new pizza, I am constantly disappointed that they look and taste alike.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Bellacino's is the only pizza in Greenville that I've also really liked. There is a place in Mauldin called Moretti's, and their's might be worth a try. Also Barley's Taproom. What bothers me most about this topic is that all pizza around here is exactly the same. Every time I go to try a new pizza, I am constantly disappointed that they look and taste alike.
Hmm, I have to disagree with that completely. For instance, the following pizza places all have pizza that is nothing even remotely close to each other:

Boston Pizzaeria
Bellacinos
Tony's NY Pizza
Brixx
Pizza City
Barley's

All of those places have completely different styles of pizza (the closest 2 are probably pizza city and Tony's, but the rest are completely different).

For me on the above list, I liked Pizza City the least - it just felt like generic pizza with nothing special and not even done that well.

Tony's is probably next up - it was just OK - really really greasy.

Brixx, Bellacinos, Boston and Barley's all have pizza that is unlike normal pizza (in my opinion) and so I go to any of those based on what I feel like that particular night. Bellacinos is my go-to for pizza 95% of the time. Out of the other 5%, its probably 3% Brixx, and then 1% barley's and 1% boston.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,046 times
Yeah, I understand what you mean. What I was saying was that I've been to Barley's, Anthony's, Tony's, Moretti's, Happy Pie, and Mellow Mushroom and I could swear they all were identical. Brixx is awesome, though!

I think I've just been going to the wrong places. I need to try all of these other pizza places!! On another note, no one down here seems to have cheddar cheese sauce for dipping. In fact, I get pretty weird looks when I ask for it. It seems to be something I picked up in the north. Now I'm really hungry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Hmm, I have to disagree with that completely. For instance, the following pizza places all have pizza that is nothing even remotely close to each other:

Boston Pizzaeria
Bellacinos
Tony's NY Pizza
Brixx
Pizza City
Barley's

All of those places have completely different styles of pizza (the closest 2 are probably pizza city and Tony's, but the rest are completely different).

For me on the above list, I liked Pizza City the least - it just felt like generic pizza with nothing special and not even done that well.

Tony's is probably next up - it was just OK - really really greasy.

Brixx, Bellacinos, Boston and Barley's all have pizza that is unlike normal pizza (in my opinion) and so I go to any of those based on what I feel like that particular night. Bellacinos is my go-to for pizza 95% of the time. Out of the other 5%, its probably 3% Brixx, and then 1% barley's and 1% boston.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,842,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Yeah, I understand what you mean. What I was saying was that I've been to Barley's, Anthony's, Tony's, Moretti's, Happy Pie, and Mellow Mushroom and I could swear they all were identical. Brixx is awesome, though!

I think I've just been going to the wrong places. I need to try all of these other pizza places!! On another note, no one down here seems to have cheddar cheese sauce for dipping. In fact, I get pretty weird looks when I ask for it. It seems to be something I picked up in the north. Now I'm really hungry...
you must have a very different palette. I think all the places you mentioned have very different crusts and sauces, hey lets have a pizza taste test! or a pizza meet up group! mmm, now I'm hungry, time for a kashi mediterranean pizza!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:53 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
In my opinion, the antithesis of greasy pizza is Gourmet Pizza & More on Augusta Street. Not only is it clean, it also tastes good.

GourmetPizza and More
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area