Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM

5,518 posts, read 15,291,100 times

Advertisements

Check out Wits End Poetry at Coffee Underground at the corner of Coffee Street and Main Street in downtown.

Also, check out the Emrys Foundation, a Greenville-based organization that you might find interesting.

Last edited by Skyliner; 07-10-2007 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 08:07 PM

79 posts, read 363,143 times
Default thanks, skyliner

You are WONDERFUL!
I appreciate your help. I will be back on Friday evening with the news of where I will be moving--

Thanks for all your help!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:24 PM

5,518 posts, read 15,291,100 times
Check out one of the regular art events in Greenville, called "First Fridays." The map is helpful in finding some of the galleries around downtown.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 AM

50,005 posts, read 63,335,877 times
Default We don't bite..

We are conservative, artsy republican christians thinking of moving to the Paris Mountain area, too. But we also thought Hendersonville looked nice and artsy. You should not be so concerned..we respect your misguided opinions.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:18 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,754,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We are conservative, artsy republican christians thinking of moving to the Paris Mountain area, too. But we also thought Hendersonville looked nice and artsy. You should not be so concerned..we respect your misguided opinions.
That doesn't sound very respectful.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,803 times
You will like Greenville unless you just don't like Christians. My wife and I grew up in Los Angeles. We love the area and we think the people in the south are very friendly.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:58 AM

36 posts, read 135,116 times
[quote=Art123;1020414]No, I don't mean Asheville.

Are we insane to consider moving to the home of Bob Jones University? Will we be chastised as "sinners" and paraded through the streets on Sunday as "heathens?" QUOTE]

This didn't sound very respectful in the first place. You are want a degree of respect and understanding for your thoughts and beliefs, but it sounds as if you are not willing to do the same for other beliefs.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,754,259 times
Let's not let this devolve further into personal attacks. I am sorry if my original post was offensive to you. Those comments were meant to evoke the stereotypes and fears of a city-dwelling Liberal moving to a smaller city in the South.
I never claimed to be respectful in my post, nor did I ever ask for any in return. (The nice people of Greenville provided it anyway) Part of what I enjoy about living in a large metropolitan area is that although people aren't always as "nice" in every day social interactions, they aren't easily offended, either. Gentlearts did claim compassion in his post, though sarcasm and humor are difficult to communicate on these forums. I was merely pointing out the (intentional?) irony of his comment.

"All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."
Thomas Jefferson

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
Thomas Jefferson

[quote=Belle540i;1067401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
No, I don't mean Asheville.

Are we insane to consider moving to the home of Bob Jones University? Will we be chastised as "sinners" and paraded through the streets on Sunday as "heathens?" QUOTE]

This didn't sound very respectful in the first place. You are want a degree of respect and understanding for your thoughts and beliefs, but it sounds as if you are not willing to do the same for other beliefs.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 PM

36 posts, read 135,116 times
Certainly no personal attack intended on my part, I just found gentlearts post humorous, as I did your original post, intended or not. There is a lot of tongue in cheek humor on this board, one of the things I really enjoy. I have found the overwhelming attitude here to be one of helpfulness and respect for the various points of view. Lively discourse is engaging and many times a learning experience.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:07 PM

50,005 posts, read 63,335,877 times
Default Some people get me..

some people don't. My post was intended to be humorous. Lighten up, Lib. If you sense a chill from folks who don't believe as you do, maybe it's because of your attitude of disdain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area