U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM

49 posts, read 100,407 times
Default Christmas/Holiday light displays

Last year my family and I went to 2 individual family homes that were insanely decorated but I can't remember where they are.....one is in Mauldin somewhere.....the other ????? Does anyone know of some well known private home light displays in the area that will be up soon?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Status: "I expect the worst from others - I'm rarely disappointed" (set 7 days ago)

875 posts, read 832,639 times
There is a large display at 2753 Trinity Church Rd in Laurens right off SC-14 which you can drive into the driveway up to their house and back out - but I'm not sure if they are ready for visitors yet, we usually wait until Thanksgiving before visiting.

I know of the place in Mauldin and have the address written down somewhere - I believe it is 106 Shearbrook Drive but let me doublecheck that. Be very careful when visiting there as the streets are narrow, parking is limited and people tend to walk all over the place - and be prepared for a LOT of fellow visitors (but a lot of fun, too)!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:02 PM

7,993 posts, read 6,772,237 times
Do the "Light People" still dress up in Pelzer? I've always gotten a kick out of people wrapping themselves in lights. Very weird, but fun to see.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM

8,837 posts, read 12,982,251 times
Roper Mountain is the best light display in the area and the money goes to charity.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM

642 posts, read 1,352,792 times
Yeah the one in Mauldin is on 106 Shearbrook Drive And I enjoyed this one a lot was very nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdRiNjnsZqs

The Light people did do it still last year but sadly it was hardly nothing at all. I stop and talked to the people who wear the lights and they said the neighborhood just could not afford to do it. So I hope this year they will cause I have always enjoyed going to them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbcEE6Oo78o

The ones at Roper Mountain were nice and the money does go to Charity. But I was not that impressed im sure the younger kids would disagree and be more then happy to go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVgM0kspyiI

Old 11-11-2010, 05:55 AM

49 posts, read 100,407 times
This is definitely the one in Mauldin I was thinking about.......I was thinking there was another one too though. We did this one and Roper Mountain the same evening......our son loved both....He just saw me on her and said "we can walk around and get popcorn?" Can't believe he remembered that from last year.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 9,471 times
The light display in mauldin is at BUTLER STATION (subdivision). There is another that is set to music which is off of Bethel Rd but I cant remember the intersecting road. Hope this helps.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:18 PM

7,993 posts, read 6,772,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie-d-123 View Post
The light display in mauldin is at BUTLER STATION (subdivision). There is another that is set to music which is off of Bethel Rd but I cant remember the intersecting road. Hope this helps.
This is an excellent display. Not only is there music, but the family has Christmas movies playing on a large outdoor screen, they serve popcorn and hot chocolate, etc, etc. Really amazing. Went last year.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:19 PM

642 posts, read 1,352,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Do the "Light People" still dress up in Pelzer? I've always gotten a kick out of people wrapping themselves in lights. Very weird, but fun to see.

We went over that way tonight too see the light people they had the house all lit up but they were not outside. And sadly only like 3 other homes had any lights at all. Was a lot less then last year.

There is a nice home on archdale road I think it is called. It is over near the verdic center in mauldin if you go down that road and just stay straight it is on the right. And right before you get too the flashing stop lights.

And the one on Bethel Rd near highway 14 was very nice as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area