U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:12 PM

6 posts, read 6,620 times

Advertisements

new to the forum here, i am looking to relocate to easley, i found a nice house and was wondering what is it like in easley, i currently live in michigan and hate it, (to cold and to much snow) i was raised in ky, i have a small pavement maintenance company and a few plow trucks, what is the job market like, any info would be great....thanks Randy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 02:21 PM

306 posts, read 590,246 times
I have lived in Easley for almost 3 years. We relocated from Long Island, NY and Love it here. Can't speak as to the job market, but Easley is a great place to live. We are part of "Powdersville" which is still part of Easley but not Easley schools, we are part of Anderson 1 schools and they are great. Shopping is very close and depending on where you live in Easley, you can be in Greenville in about 15-20 minutes.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM

all my kids are grown, so i am not worried about schools, it will take a while go get back to business in a new location, so i am more concerned about getting a job till i can start getting business, i have all kinds of work here but just hate it....i love the south and last time we went on vacation we spent the whole week in sc, Randy

Old 01-16-2011, 03:18 PM

5,681 posts, read 9,492,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonpaving View Post
all my kids are grown, so i am not worried about schools, it will take a while go get back to business in a new location, so i am more concerned about getting a job till i can start getting business, i have all kinds of work here but just hate it....i love the south and last time we went on vacation we spent the whole week in sc, Randy
What type of work do you think you'd be looking for before your pavement maintenance work picks up?

Old 01-16-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
What type of work do you think you'd be looking for before your pavement maintenance work picks up?
any kind of construction,auto mechanic, certified for 28 years, working for an asphalt company.

this is what i love to do, line striping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaATOvR1OYs

Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 PM

687 posts, read 1,034,869 times
Also left Michigan for different reasons, but Powdersville is one of those areas that I have not considered due to the premium that seems to be placed on land there. If you've found a good price for a house and land, great, and if not, you might be better served looking elsewhere.

Powdersville has pretty decent access to I-85. That's about all that it has going for it, IMO. Otherwise, there's really not a lot in the area at all. AFAIK, it's not a township, it's not incorporated, and it might have a volunteer fire dept. You will travel to Easley or Greenville for any needs that extend beyond the fast food stops at the edge of 85. IMO, it's a drive-through town at best.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,640 times
Default Powdersville is a great place to live.

eatonpaving, Powdersville is a great place to live, both for raising children, and for those without. We have a nice home and over 1/2 acre for a modest price; would have had to pay more in Greenville, Mauldin or Simpsonville, and would have had less property (everyone has their own preference). The acces to I-85 is perfect, and so is the proximity to downotwn Greenville (15min), some stores in Easley (8min), the mountains (20min), and Lakes Keowee and Hartwell (20-30min).. oh, and the beaches in Charleston are just 3 hrs away.

We have grocery stores, some restaurants, good bbq, good pizza place, post office, ups store, banking, hardware, a great golf course, a library, a fire department (they do a great job!), and many other attributes.

I grew up in Michigan (lived in Detroit, GR, Gaylord, and the U.P).

Bring your plow trucks... we have had snow every year the past 5 years... your services would be at a premium .

Old 01-16-2011, 10:10 PM

803 posts, read 1,431,023 times
Default Easley

I live in Easley and I love it. It is convenient to Greenville, Powdersville, Travelers Rest, Dacusville, and quite a few other places. I find the shopping to be adequate, the traffic to be reasonable and the home prices to be decent. I know there are several new businesses coming to Greenville and the surrounding areas. There is also the new Easley Town Center that will be needing construction workers.
Good luck! I hope you will love it here.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM

282 posts, read 653,497 times
You can try to talk with King's Asphalt Company. They are located in Liberty, South Carolina.

King Asphalt Inc
2127 Greenville Hwy, Liberty, SC 29657
(864) 855-0338

Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 AM

306 posts, read 590,246 times
There is also a paving company on rte. 8 in Easley. I will get the name of it tomorrow. I know they had a hiring sign out front several times. There is a cement place on rte. 81 that if not in Easley is considered to be Greenville. My brother in law was going to get a job with them if he moved down. I'll see what I can find for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area