Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,164 times

Advertisements

yahh i know whats on the production simulator test, its 2 tests first you get a practice for each test. i took the test at the end of jul, so idk if its changed. but anyways you will either have to do a mounting or bolting test first then the latter after. on the mounting test you look at this computer screen and it gives this order number then you look at a manifest and it tells you which order to mount a bunch of pvc pipes, weights and a finishin pin that you have to correctly put toghether on a shaft. its hard to explain but real easy.the weights aren't heavy 25lb max. you just have to remember to always scan each piece before using it, press the mount button also, it doesn't know you put the parts on the shaft till u hit mount and it knows which part you put on cause its the last part you scanned, and make sure you inspect the pipes, theres 3 kinds a,b,c and some are defective(have3holes) and you have to discard them in this trash pale. its really too long to type everything and explain. you get a 10 min practice run tho, the real tests r 30 mins long, and you have to keep walking back 'n fourth crossing this mat, and you cna't cross it when the light poles light upp, its the worst mistake you can make. and the second test, bolting you also have to keep going back 'n forth across the mat, i did so bad on the practice run of this test, awful. you have to look at this sheet of paper in front of you and it tells you the order in which you have to take bolts and initially hand screw them into this labeled box, once again hard to expain by typing. and then you have to go back each time and get one bolt, screw in it, this computer screen tells you the order number and this paper in the cab tells you which sequence to use for drilling the bolts in/out you also have to touch buttons on the screen to release pressure on the monitors. anyway i kept getting confused which order number and bolt i was on cause you have to keep walkin back 'n fourth to get bolts... then after you hand screw the bolts with washers in you have to get a dumb one way drill and drill down all the bolts in the same order, then go back get the reverse drill and remove all the bolts the same order. also there are two kinds of bolts, the short bolts are the defective ones, you can't use these bolts. just keep a short bolt on the desk in front of you or one inside to cab to compare everytime you get a bolt, no one will notice and its easier/faster this way then having to bring each bolt up to eye level on the lenght chart. after a while you wont need to measure the bolts anymore, you'll just know which ones are the short defective ones simply by looking at them. its not necessary to perfom these tests with lighting fast speed, if you try to go that fast thers a good chance you'll make a lot of mistakes and thats how you will fail. there is a lot of remember when doing each step of these tests and easy to forget to do or check something especially if your trying to go way too fast, instead work quickly but at a comfortable pace, its better to do finsih correctly but slightly slower than everything wrong but being the fastest. in my group there were around 14 people everyone including myself passed cept for one person, maybe casue of his/her background, idk..... anways don't sweat it this test is easy, hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions....

Last edited by alltheinfo; 09-07-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,852 times
Default step test?!?

Does anyone know if they still hire you if you only make it to 4 minutes out of 5 minutes on the step test? Everything else was passed with flying colors but that. Anyone have any experience with that???

Old 09-10-2011, 02:26 PM

9 posts, read 45,107 times
***UPDATE*** I finally got my call to come to orientation on Tuesday. My whole process from start to finish took 2 months and 3 weeks. Thanks from the support and good luck to everyone else applying and waiting for their call. I will post an update in a few weeks.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001lincoln View Post
So, I went through the whole process at the end of October. BMW's nurse called me the week of Christmas wanting more info, as far as medical records. I gave the fax numbers she needed. Does anyone have an idea on when I should here from them again? I know that our economy is rough right now, but I need this job like a fat kid needs cake. Any input would be much appreciated.
Can u tell me info bout test or is their website I look at I just want make sure I pass test I need job

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocboy007 View Post
***UPDATE*** I finally got my call to come to orientation on Tuesday. My whole process from start to finish took 2 months and 3 weeks. Thanks from the support and good luck to everyone else applying and waiting for their call. I will post an update in a few weeks.
Can u tell me some tip on pass test at BMW I just want make sure I pass I need job

Last edited by Yac; 09-16-2013 at 06:02 AM..

Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,949 times
i Went to my physical/drug screen and its been about a month. i called mau today and asked about the results and they told me they were mailed out yesterday but still nothing in the mail. did anyone else get a letter i keep reading about phone calls.... is this bad? i really need this job i just got back from basic and ait for the army and im in a bind with finances already between getting a house paying off my debt getting a car and everything else my money i saved up from the army is gone. im really relying on this job. i got a job at a sub place the other day but its min wage and does not pay the bills.... so does anyone kno what the letter might say. also even tho i just got back im leaving again in a few weeks to an annual training event for my unit...just my luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area