Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 AM

9 posts, read 11,168 times

Advertisements

Dioes anyone have any recent experience with this apartment community? Hubby and I are relocating to the area from Albany, NY and have an opportunity to sublease a place there. Photos look pretty nice, but they can be deceiving... Our biggest concerns would be safety and noise, not that we're old fuddy-duddy's, just that it is going to be big culture change for us going from home to apartment living. Any info much, much appreciated. Thanks!!
P.S. We've narrowed down our two choices to there at 535 Brookwood or Polos at Hudson Corners in Greer, so if anyone has comparison, would love to hear that, too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,497,002 times
535 Brookwood certainly seems to be one of the nicer, newer complexes in the area. The complex is very close to the new YMCA at Brookwood, but is enough off the beaten path to be quiet, but there may be some highway noise from I-385 nearby. The location is close to either Mauldin or Simpsonville for basic shopping (groceries, Target, Kohl's, etc), and is a short commute into Greenville via 385.

The Polos at Hudson Corners is a bit older, but looks very well-kept. It's on the Eastside, which is a bit more affluent suburban area. It's very close to necessities like grocery stores, bank branches, etc. The only thing there is, the roads in that immediate area can become gridlocked during rush hour, esp Hudson, Boiling Springs and Old Spartanburg Rds.

Hope that helps some!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:09 AM

169 posts, read 436,984 times
I live here and only have typical apartment complaints. I are my dog out alone at night and feel very safe here. Apartments are very pretty and grounds Are well kept other than people not picking up after there dogs. We have no noise complaints but the people who live under us say they hear everything and it sounds like we stomp.bi assure you we are very quiet. I think that is a normal apartment complaint so if you don't want to deal with it you should choose a third floor apartment like we did. But third floor has its own drawbacks...especially when carrying groceries or moving in! Overall, no complaints. We moved from a house in PA here so apartment life has been a change but I think we chose the right place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area