Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,480 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Az all my life and really need a change.
I am interested in moving to Greensville. Can you tell me the what the weather is like in the winter and summer? Is it more of a town or city. Are the people generally nice? Do they have restricted gun or pet laws?

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:09 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
Others will jump in, but here are some starting points:
- It's Greenville, not "Greensville"
- 4 genuine seasons: Summers are warm/hot with high humidity (much like any place in the South), Winters are cool to cold with occasional snow and ice (Greenville averages 6.3 inches of snow/year), fantastic Spring and Fall
- the Greeville-Spartanburg-Anderson CSA has more than 1.3 million residents
- as with most places in the South, the residents here are very friendly

Please do a search as there are 155 pages in this sub-forum now.

Also, with such a significant relocation, please plan for an extended visit before making any rash decision.

Please also note that City-Data is an opinion forum and there are lots of opinions.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 PM

503 posts, read 926,346 times
SC is hot and muggy in the summer. It's not like AZ heat where you feel like you're in an oven. SC's humid heat makes you feel like your skin is crawling. You don't know what miserable is until you've experienced a humid southern summer. The sweat just pours off you. No relief except A/C. As long as you can stay inside, A/C is A/C whether AZ or SC.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:32 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveatgso View Post
SC is hot and muggy in the summer. It's not like AZ heat where you feel like you're in an oven. SC's humid heat makes you feel like your skin is crawling. You don't know what miserable is until you've experienced a humid southern summer. The sweat just pours off you. No relief except A/C. As long as you can stay inside, A/C is A/C whether AZ or SC.
Sounds like you're talking about REAL humidity, like where I grew up on the Gulf Coast! While it does become oppressive occasionally during the summer here, this place doesn't know what humiditiy IS by comparison to places like New Orleans, Mobile or Houston.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:42 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Sounds like you're talking about REAL humidity, like where I grew up on the Gulf Coast! While it does become oppressive occasionally during the summer here, this place doesn't know what humiditiy IS by comparison to places like New Orleans, Mobile or Houston.
True. I've noticed that people here who complain about humidity have obviously never lived in a truely humid place....a place like Jackson, MS, where even with air conditioning, you go to bed on damp sheets.

Greenville has some humidty, but it is short lived compared to the Gulf Coast region.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
True. I've noticed that people here who complain about humidity have obviously never lived in a truely humid place....a place like Jackson, MS, where even with air conditioning, you go to bed on damp sheets.

Greenville has some humidty, but it is short lived compared to the Gulf Coast region.
I'd agree with this as well.

We're on the FL gulf coast, and Greenville in July was a nice break from the humidity here.

Of course if you are coming from a very dry area it will still feel swampy.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:00 PM

40 posts, read 80,381 times
Just moved here from Arizona at the end of June and the weather is great compared to the Valleys heat in summer. August heat with monsoon season makes it more uncomfortable there than here. What part of AZ are coming from? I moved from the Valley and my parents followed suit from Kingman... winters are much cooler here, but it is really nice to have 4 distinct seasons unlike AZ's 2 seasons (hot and not hot). I do not think you will have much of a problem with the humidty ... trust me it is not that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area