Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times

Advertisements

Seeing how Clemson and Spartanburg both have one, does anybody know if there are plans in the works to open one in the Greenville area? Their milkshakes are

And yes you would think g-man of all people would know if there are plans for a future Greenville location but sadly I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Are these public events organized by the Cities of Clemson and Spartanburg?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 AM

58 posts, read 96,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Are these public events organized by the Cities of Clemson and Spartanburg?
Cook-Out is a burger joint. There was one where I came from (of course it is NC based lol). A fave hangout, late at night, for teens, especially when movies let out. Food really wasn't that bad. Milkshakes were to die for!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 AM

98 posts, read 203,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Seeing how Clemson and Spartanburg both have one, does anybody know if there are plans in the works to open one in the Greenville area? Their milkshakes are

And yes you would think g-man of all people would know if there are plans for a future Greenville location but sadly I don't.
They are just putting the finishing touches on a Cook Out in Anderson off Clemson Blvd as well right now...

Old 03-22-2011, 07:22 AM

144 posts, read 296,042 times
They have looked at several sites in Greenville and Spartanburg and might have already purchased some but they move at a pretty slow pace compared to other companies. I know they held the Anderson location for over a year before starting construction.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,888 times
The old Checkers locations seem tailor made for them. Dual drive thrus with a takeout window is the standard layout for all the NC locations I've visited. The Spartanburg location is the only one I've ever encountered with indoor seating. I assumed that was simply a by-product of using the old Dunkin Donuts building instead of building from scratch. I know there an empty Checkers on 29 in Taylors.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBorn View Post
Cook-Out is a burger joint.
Okay, I think I heard about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
The old Checkers locations seem tailor made for them. I know there an empty Checkers on 29 in Taylors.
Why did Checkers decide to build a new restaurant in Taylors and never open it? That location became a complete waste.

I know Sonic down the road closed up earlier in the year. I had a problem with it screwing up my order completely. Several other customeres must have had their orders screwed also.

Bojangle's was also looking in the Taylors area. One site they were going to build on became a laundromat.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM

The sonic in Taylor's closed because the owner died. Cook out is only interested in owning their own land and building and most of those old checkers are only for lease. It also seems that Cook Out is doing a much nicer and bigger product here than they have in NC.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 PM

Does Sonic plan to reopen with a new franchisee, or will it be available for lease?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:52 PM

They are looking for a new franchisee to take it.

If they cannot find one they will put it up for lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area