Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times

Advertisements

Don't know how this place is as I have never tried it before but Papa Murphy's will be opening soon in the North Hampton Market shopping center (Petsmart/Target/Hobby Lobby one) next to Panera Bread on Wade Hampton Blvd. in Taylors. Hey, not Woodruff Road for once. Construction bids go out April 1st. Website: Papa Murphy's | Take 'N' Bake Pizza

Oh and that S'mores pizza on the front page of their website...somebody slap me.

Last edited by g-man430; 03-26-2011 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:35 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
I do not mind eating pizza at home, but I would prefer an actual dine in pizza store in this area. It is bad Wade Hampton Boulevard lacks one from Greenville to Greer.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not mind eating pizza at home, but I would prefer an actual dine in pizza store in this area. It is bad Wade Hampton Boulevard lacks one from Greenville to Greer.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Still wouldn't mind that S'mores pizza though. There's a Pizza Inn on Wade Hampton Blvd. in Greer but that's the only pizza dine in option I know of on that road.

Last edited by g-man430; 03-26-2011 at 07:35 AM..

Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
I saw a temporary sign over a storefront on Woodruff Rd. indicating yet another new pizza place. I can't remember the name, but it did make me think that might be another "take & bake" pizza place...

Old 03-26-2011, 06:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Well, Pizza Hut had a dine in store on Wade Hampton Boulevard near Edwards Mill Road, where Greer State Bank has a branch office now. It also had successful stores on East North Street near Howell Road and North Pleasanburg Drive adjacent to Piano Central.

Pizza Hut neglected its successful dine in stores to focus on the failed delivery business, losing to Papa John's and Domino's. Many dine-in stores have closed, causing Pizza Hut to struggle badly for the past 15 years. Rediscovering its core format recently, Pizza Hut is slowly adding dine-in stores throughout the area.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
I recognized the name when I saw the thread, can't remember where I heard about this place from before when I was somewhere other than here, so I guess it's well know in other areas.

Now, if we could just get TJ's on Wade Hampton...

Old 03-26-2011, 07:09 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,688 times
It's tough to find good dine-in pizza places. Even in NYC, all the pizza places are either lousy environments (read: a few tables and chairs not really designed for eating) or solely take-out places. That's fine with me for the most part, but occasionally it would be great to go to a welcoming pizza place, eat some good pizza, have a beer or two, etc. in a nice environment. Why aren't there places like that these days?

I don't know what Papa Murphy's is like, but hopefully it will offer something new to the area.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
It's tough to find good dine-in pizza places. Even in NYC, all the pizza places are either lousy environments (read: a few tables and chairs not really designed for eating) or solely take-out places. That's fine with me for the most part, but occasionally it would be great to go to a welcoming pizza place, eat some good pizza, have a beer or two, etc. in a nice environment. Why aren't there places like that these days?
I don't know...I find Brixx, Mellow Mushroom and Fratelli's to offer a welcoming environment, good pizza, and a nice beer selection. I do agree more are needed though and NOT of the CiCi's variety. Yuck. More little kids and horrible pizza than a daycare center in that place. It's like Chuck E. Cheese's gone bad.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:41 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I don't know...I find Brixx, Mellow Mushroom and Fratelli's to offer a welcoming environment, good pizza, and a nice beer selection. I do agree more are needed though and NOT of the CiCi's variety. Yuck. More little kids and horrible pizza than a daycare center in that place. It's like Chuck E. Cheese's gone bad.
I agree that Mellow Mushroom is fine. I didn't care for Brixx too much, but maybe that was because I was unimpressed by the pizza. I haven't been to Fratelli's.

I remember going to Pizza Hut as a kid and thinking it was a nice place to eat pizza. But maybe that's because I was a kid.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post

I don't know what Papa Murphy's is like, but hopefully it will offer something new to the area.
Pizza City and Moretti's. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area