Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:54 AM

5,519 posts, read 15,294,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

As for cleanliness and sanitation, do you want to eat in a dining area exposed to flour and pizza dough soiled on carpet, then have no one clean it up?

Pizza City and Pizza Hut were excluded because they operate better eateries.

Are we talking about the same place? Torrelli's does not have carpet in the dining room and it has been much cleaner than Pizza City (not to mention Pizza Hut ) every time I have been there since first trying them approximately two years ago. Aside from its less centralized location, Torrelli's is a great place to dine in or take out and I now recommend it over Pizza City . It is a simple and cozy pizzeria with very delicious food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 05:26 AM

3,961 posts, read 10,966,463 times
Papa Murphy's was pretty big back home (WI ), not sure if it's a regional or national chain but havent found one close to us here. We actually used them frequently to grab the goods on the way home from work. Yes it was a "take and bake" but for us it was about the best pure pizza we had up there and sure beat anything from home delivery.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 AM

42 posts, read 53,924 times
There's another Papa Murphy's opening on Pelham Rd. next to Firehouse Subs in front of the Thorneblade Wal-Mart

Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 AM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Are we talking about the same place? Torrelli's does not have carpet in the dining room and it has been much cleaner than Pizza City (not to mention Pizza Hut ) every time I have been there since first trying them approximately two years ago. Aside from its less centralized location, Torrelli's is a great place to dine in or take out and I now recommend it over Pizza City . It is a simple and cozy pizzeria with very delicious food.
Skyliner, it appears you are content with Torelli's as your pizzeria of choice, and I encourage you to stay with your decision. Not every pizzeria caters to everyone, and that is okay with me.

I will say Torelli's is better than Frodo's, which has gone downhill drastically.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 AM

672 posts, read 1,411,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Don't know how this place is as I have never tried it before but Papa Murphy's will be opening soon in the North Hampton Market shopping center (Petsmart/Target/Hobby Lobby one) next to Panera Bread on Wade Hampton Blvd. in Taylors. Hey, not Woodruff Road for once. Construction bids go out April 1st. Website: Papa Murphy's | Take 'N' Bake Pizza

Oh and that S'mores pizza on the front page of their website...somebody slap me.
I have eaten Papa Murphy's before, it's pretty good!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,396,533 times
Pizzeria Uno is a nice eat in pizza place especially if you like deep dish Chicago style pizza. So far there is just one in SC in Columbia. Uno Chicago Grill Uno Chicago Grill Restaurants in South Carolina. They also have a lot more than just pizza. http://unos.com/gallerymenu.php

I guess it has been a while since I've eaten there. They used to be called Pizzeria Uno. Now they go by just Uno or Uno Chicago Grill. The deep dish pizzas were so good. They baked cheese and other seasonings into the crust. The whole thing practically melted in your mouth.

Last edited by emilybh; 03-29-2011 at 02:34 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 02:45 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,807,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Pizzeria Uno is a nice eat in pizza place especially if you like deep dish Chicago style pizza. So far there is just one in SC in Columbia. Uno Chicago Grill Uno Chicago Grill Restaurants in South Carolina. They also have a lot more than just pizza. Uno Chicago Grill: About Uno

I guess it has been a while since I've eaten there. They used to be called Pizzeria Uno. Now they go by just Uno or Uno Chicago Grill. The deep dish pizzas were so good. They baked cheese and other seasonings into the crust. The whole thing practically melted in your mouth.
Sorry, but IMO, Uno is tragic, suburban chain pizza. You can buy their pizza in the frozen section of grocery stores. Not good.
If you want to get Chicago style pizza, do the real thing and order from Gino's East....they overnight fresh made pizza on dry ice, straight from Chicago, straight from the kitchen.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:31 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,450,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Sorry, but IMO, Uno is tragic, suburban chain pizza. You can buy their pizza in the frozen section of grocery stores. Not good.
I love the deep dish pizza from Uno's. I know, I know.

Would you put California Pizza Kitchen in the same category (suburban chain pizza available in the frozen section of grocery stores)?

Quote:
If you want to get Chicago style pizza, do the real thing and order from Gino's East....they overnight fresh made pizza on dry ice, straight from Chicago, straight from the kitchen.
I like this idea!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,490,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
I love the deep dish pizza from Uno's. I know, I know.
Hey - it'll do in a pinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Would you put California Pizza Kitchen in the same category (suburban chain pizza available in the frozen section of grocery stores)?
I would. But then, I'm not a big fan of the "California" style pizza (or much of anything really). If I'm going to spend my $$ on pizza, I want it to taste like Mama is in the back making it by hand (sipping on some nice Chianti between ingredients)!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,396,533 times
Quote:
You can't get them in the frozen section of any grocery stores in SC that I have been into. I've seen them in the northeast in some stores though-- which was a plus as far as I was concerned. There are a number of upscale restuarants that have products they market in grocery stores in New England. It doesn't mean the quality is any lower than it is in the restaurant. Ken's Steakhouse, Legal Seafoods are two relatively upscale Boston based establishments that sell products in grocery stores. So what? When you look at the ingredients you see whole foods without a lot of chemicals. What is so bad about that?

I'm speaking based on what I recall from the 90's when it was called Pizzeria Uno. It could have gone downhill since then.... It used to be great and their Pizzas sold in the frozen sections of grocery stores were great too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area