Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 07:29 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times

Advertisements

Hrm, this news seems to be overlooked. I wonder why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallup Study
Bigger isn’t necessarily best when it comes to quality of life. In a Gallup survey released this week of the U.S. cities rated highest for overall well-being, New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago all failed to crack the top 50. By contrast, nine of the top 10 spots in the survey went to mid-size cities, with the Boulder, Colorado metro area grabbing the top overall spot. The only big city that cracked the top 10 was the Washington, D.C. area.
Survey results can be found here

Spartanburg is #182, one of the saddest cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 PM

899 posts, read 2,286,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Probably because most of these "surveys" are meaningless.

I mean, it says that Bridgeport, CT is the #9 happiest place in the country? Have you ever been to Bridgeport?

Actually I think Stewie and Brian Griffin have something to say about that...

YouTube - Family Guy Disses Bridgeport, CT in XMAS Special (HD)

Last edited by innovator82; 04-07-2011 at 07:55 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
Actually in was posted / discussed a couple of weeks ago. Not that exact page, but a link to the original content.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Leave it to the ol' Rev (who hasn't lived in the area for some time) to bring up stale news...

Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:

Because there is so much positive about this area.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Probably because most of these "surveys" are meaningless.

I mean, it says that Bridgeport, CT is the #9 happiest place in the country? Have you ever been to Bridgeport?
Bridgeport is a dump. Definitely lots of ugly industrial factories, old buildings, and dangerous areas. I know someone who works at the hospital there and she said she is always looking over her shoulder when walking between her car and the building.

P.S. Hilarious Family Guy clip! So true!

Old 04-08-2011, 03:08 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
Actually in was posted / discussed a couple of weeks ago. Not that exact page, but a link to the original content.
Correct (post #4 and on in this thread)

This thread has exposed yet again the unfortunate fact that some unhappy people intentionally wait until they find negative news before contributing to the forum. They need to learn (before it is too late) that pervasive negativity (including materialistic discontent) severely affects lives by destroying relationships and undermining the foundation of hope.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:10 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:

*sob* *sob* That some sad sh*t. I think Im gonna go out to GSP and stand in front of SWA as it lands

Well.. atleast I dont live in Huntington, WV.... then I guess I would be reallllly depressed.. and for good reason

Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
to be honest, I've lived here since 07 and I've never been to spartanburg ONCE, guess I'm not missing much? Just joking but seriously I couldn't find anything on the poll, does anyone know exactly what was asked to determine how happy and or sad residents were?

edit: nevermind I found skyliners link to a different news story on the same subject

Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 AM

37 posts, read 73,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
*sob* *sob* That some sad sh*t. I think Im gonna go out to GSP and stand in front of SWA as it lands

Well.. atleast I dont live in Huntington, WV.... then I guess I would be reallllly depressed.. and for good reason
I live in WV,every thing you hear about it is true!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area