Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM

271 posts, read 797,254 times

Advertisements

So, having lived here for five days, from what I can gather from my neighborhood, everyones uses different garbage companies. Does that sound right??? I have seen neighbors putting out their garbage on different days and notice different companies on the side of the cans. (Never heard of this before!)

So then I went to the city of Greenville site, and see they do collect garbage, but from what I can tell, not in my area?!?! Even though my address is "Greenville" with a zip code of 29615 (I am calling tomorrow to verify that they in fact do not service my neighborhood).

So if I need to look for a garbage service, any recommendations on who to use? Are prices better with some than others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM

288 posts, read 949,085 times
In our neighborhood, we have the option of O'Neal or Waste Management. Very similarly priced. We went with O'Neal because they pick up recycling every Friday, as opposed to WM, who only picks it up every other week. WM also stopped accepting glass. O'Neal recycling is very affordable. $15 every three months. Sure beats hauling it in my trunk. Our total bill with them for once a week trash pickup and once a week recycling pickup is $75 every three months. They've been pretty good. Had a little spell where they were late with pickup a few times but they seem to have gotten that straightened out.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 PM

423 posts, read 898,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiis View Post
So, having lived here for five days, from what I can gather from my neighborhood, everyones uses different garbage companies. Does that sound right??? I have seen neighbors putting out their garbage on different days and notice different companies on the side of the cans. (Never heard of this before!)

So then I went to the city of Greenville site, and see they do collect garbage, but from what I can tell, not in my area?!?! Even though my address is "Greenville" with a zip code of 29615 (I am calling tomorrow to verify that they in fact do not service my neighborhood).

So if I need to look for a garbage service, any recommendations on who to use? Are prices better with some than others?
The City of Greenville only provides services to residents who live in the munipal city limits. You should check the Greenvllle County website County of Greenville, SC. If you check the last property tax invoice for your address under Real Property Services on the Greenville County website it will show whether you are paying city and county taxes or just county taxes and whether garbage collection is included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area