U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:37 PM

3,158 posts, read 3,166,313 times
I visited this store Saturday. I really liked it. I had no idea what kind of store it was at first. The name threw me off. Good addition to the shopping options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,851,039 times
My wife and girls visited today and really enjoyed it. Bought home several bags of stuff. Glad to see them in Greenville.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM

2,130 posts, read 2,346,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I saw the building when I was over that way the other day but didn't realize it was open now. I can't wait to check it out!
Ditto! Had no idea it was open, even when I looked at the place. My daugther wanted to go to Tablefields which is right there. Had I known, I would have stopped to check it out (never heard of the stores) as we had time to kill.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 508 times
I'm from Boston originally and now live in Greenville. I love the christmas tree shop! It is not really just for Christmas. They have things for all holidays and seasons. More like garden ridge . The items are very reasonable. So excited!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 8,374,527 times
I went last weekend and it is enormous compared to the two stores I used to shop at in Rhode Island before moving to SC 4 years ago.

I won't be going back to Garden Ridge for anything now that this is opened. Garden Ridge doesn't touch the Christmas Tree Shoppe's prices. In fact their furniture prices are the same as Home Depot or Lowes. The only good thing about Garden Ridge is they have more of a furniture selection.

The next thing I'd like to see in Greenville would be an honest to goodness 100% HomeGoods store. Except for Hilton Head, I think everywhere in SC only has stores with a little HomeGoods annexes like TJ Maxx or Marshalls has... (which is better than nothing I suppose).

Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM

5,409 posts, read 8,989,866 times
How does it compare to Old Time Pottery?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 8,374,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
How does it compare to Old Time Pottery?
I haven't been to Old Time Pottery yet but judging from the website in some respects (kitchen stuff; storage stuff and organizers and outdoor furniture) it looks similar.

The Christmas Tree Shoppe has food items and also party supplies besides the other things mentioned and gardening stuff as well as, in this store anyway, a lot of stuff you'd find in drug stores that are discounted.

The Christmas Tree Shoppe is a catch as catch can kind of place. They don't always keep everything in stock and they rotate and put in different items at various times but they usually always maintain certain categories of items.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:51 PM

I asked the question because although I haven't been there in a few years, I thought OTP was a better store than Garden Ridge. I haven't been in Garden Ridge within the last decade.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM

711 posts, read 559,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I went last weekend and it is enormous compared to the two stores I used to shop at in Rhode Island before moving to SC 4 years ago.

I won't be going back to Garden Ridge for anything now that this is opened. Garden Ridge doesn't touch the Christmas Tree Shoppe's prices. In fact their furniture prices are the same as Home Depot or Lowes. The only good thing about Garden Ridge is they have more of a furniture selection.

The next thing I'd like to see in Greenville would be an honest to goodness 100% HomeGoods store. Except for Hilton Head, I think everywhere in SC only has stores with a little HomeGoods annexes like TJ Maxx or Marshalls has... (which is better than nothing I suppose).
I know Columbia is building a real one (though when they finish construction is a while other matter)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I asked the question because although I haven't been there in a few years, I thought OTP was a better store than Garden Ridge. I haven't been in Garden Ridge within the last decade.
Old Time Pottery is kind of a dump when I went two months ago. Things thrown on shelves, some opened and some without pricing. Strange place.... hope Christmas Tree Shops isn't like that. A little bit of order and aesthetics would be better.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Old Time Pottery is kind of a dump when I went two months ago. Things thrown on shelves, some opened and some without pricing. Strange place.... hope Christmas Tree Shops isn't like that. A little bit of order and aesthetics would be better.
If that is true, then it obviously changed since I was there. Two of the primary reasons I preferred OTP over Garden Ridge were its better organization and cleaner aisles. I also preferred their selection of products and prices. Oh well, it is just another big store selling cheaply made imports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area