Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 AM

5 posts, read 7,563 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna start off this wish list by saying that I would just love a great Dim Sum place to open up here in the Upstate. Would be curious to hear what other types of foods other Upstate folks would like to see come onto the Upstate's food scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 AM

506 posts, read 1,221,940 times
Unless someone knows of a good one around here, I'd vote for a Cuban restaurant. We had a really good family owned one in Orlando - super cheap home cooked food, and it was so good. Papa Rellenos with rice and black beans, mmmm.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:13 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Latin Express is a good authentic Cuban and Argentinean restaurant on East Broad Street in downtown Greenville.

Latin Express Cafe/Restuarant Home

Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 PM

67 posts, read 135,196 times
I'm still trying to find really good, authentic Greek food....anyone?

I'll second Dim Sum.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 AM

144 posts, read 295,864 times
There is a big Greek community here in Greenville. I have not been there in a long time, but Never On Sundays just off of main st has been open for decades and I remember it being great.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 AM

67 posts, read 135,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post
There is a big Greek community here in Greenville. I have not been there in a long time, but Never On Sundays just off of main st has been open for decades and I remember it being great.
Thank you! I will try that. I have tried a few of the Greek/Italian restaurants and was unimpressed.

I just looked up Never On Sundays and it seems well-loved.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 AM

506 posts, read 1,221,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Latin Express is a good authentic Cuban and Argentinean restaurant on East Broad Street in downtown Greenville.

Latin Express Cafe/Restuarant Home
Thanks for the suggestion but the one dish I actually want isn't even listed on the menu Papa Rellenos with rice and black beans. Looks more argentinean than cuban - I come from Orlando though and...well we have a lot of cubans there.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:39 AM

46 posts, read 72,271 times
I really like a couple of the little, modestly priced "organic" restaurants up in Asheville. I don't really care one way or the other if a place is organic or veggie oriented or not, but these places happen to be so. I'm thinking of The Early Girl Eatery, The Laughing Seed (despite slow service and wait-staff that seems karmically inclined to dislike me!) and the Sunny Point Cafe. I've eaten at all three and found the food to be terrific. In fact, I'll go up to Asheville just to eat there. Well, not JUST to eat there, as I love the mountains, but I honestly say that I like their food better than just about anything I've found in Greenville, even though I love to eat out around here.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but the one dish I actually want isn't even listed on the menu Papa Rellenos with rice and black beans. Looks more argentinean than cuban - I come from Orlando though and...well we have a lot of cubans there.
Since the owners of Latin Express moved to Greenville from Miami and their cafe matches virtually everything you described, why not ask them to make the dish you desire? They're quite friendly.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 AM

607 posts, read 1,401,876 times
I miss eastern NC BBQ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area