Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:16 PM

14 posts, read 42,404 times

Advertisements

We are possibly relocating to the Greenville area soon. The area we are looking in is Travelers Rest. I currently have my own business here in Michigan operating a mobile pet grooming salon. I was wondering if this type of business would take-off in Travelers Rest/Greenville? It has been a great business here in Michigan and has done very well. Any feedback on this would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 05:31 PM

286 posts, read 1,477,791 times
hahaha....most dogs in TR are "field hounds" that probably haven't had a bath in years.

Actually, the Cliffs Communities up on Hwy11 would be your best opportunity from TR.

Now, if you are willing to drive the 20 minutes into town you would likely thrive. And since your a "mobile" service, the 20 minute drive is probably not a big deal. If you wanted to be in the heart of things though, I would move to the east side.

I think you'd do great here!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:55 PM

14 posts, read 42,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
hahaha....most dogs in TR are "field hounds" that probably haven't had a bath in years.

Actually, the Cliffs Communities up on Hwy11 would be your best opportunity from TR.

Now, if you are willing to drive the 20 minutes into town you would likely thrive. And since your a "mobile" service, the 20 minute drive is probably not a big deal. If you wanted to be in the heart of things though, I would move to the east side.

I think you'd do great here!
Thanks tony123, I really appreciate the information. I think you are probably right about traveling into town for the business. I know there are a lot of nice areas around the Greenville area. Hey who says those "hound dogs" can't smell good! hahahaha!! Thanks again for the info.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM

55 posts, read 280,347 times
Thumbs up Groomer and/or vet

We moved to the Spartanburg area last fall, & I would love to find a "mobile groomer," espesially if you know what you are doing! I've begun to think that maybe dog grooming is more used up north than here, but thats just my opinion. I've used one groomer here in Spartanburg once & one up in Greenville, NC (my husband works there) once, & neither one knew how to properly groom my 3 Pomeranians!! I've even went so far as to haul all 3 back up to Cincinnati, OH area to our old groomer (which we had used for over 12 yrs), just to get them groomed 2 times already!!! She cried when we moved & she's always so happy & excited when I take them back up there! When looking for a vet or groomer, I always look for someone who treats my dogs like I would expect a pediatrician to treat my kids, with kindness & true affection & concern for what I want & need from them. For now, I have found a vet that I adore (unfortunetly, he's up in Greenville, NC), I had went to a vet here in Spartanburg, but they refused to give my dogs a 3 yr. rabies shot, they insisted that because my dogs had not had any rabies shots here in SC (even tho they were completely up to date on all their shots, including the rabies) & I had given them all the paperwork & showed them the tags to prove it, they said I could get the 1 yr. shots & then next year I could get the 3 yr. shot! Needless to say, I went to the vet up in NC & was able to get all their boosters & the 3 yr. rabies shots with absolutely no problems what-so-ever!! I'm still looking for a vet here in Spartanburg (my husbands' work is only scheduled for another 6 -8 months up in NC). & 2 of my dogs have heart conditions which they take prescription meds for daily, so I would really like to find an exceptional vet here. Any suggestions?? Same goes for a wonderful groomer, I'm used to having them groomed every 8 - 10 weeks, & I would love to find someone that's really good & I can trust completely! Any suggestions for a vet or groomer would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,447 times
Default groomer

I just phoned the only traveling dog groomer in the Upstate that I have been able to find and she said she is so busy that she isn't taking new customers! I think the Upstate would be a great place to start another mobile grooming company.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:41 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,528 times
Default mobile dog groomer

I saw a mobile pet groomer going down HWY 123 the other day and from the looks of her (large) vehicle business must be pretty good.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:50 PM

94 posts, read 377,907 times
I take my Miniature Schnauzer to Smith Animal Hospital in Spartanburg. They are great with her and reasonably priced. I had to choose them in an emergency as my girl had a terrible abcessed tooth which was pulled as well as another one that was loose. I couldn't be more pleased. I recently took her in because I was worried she had another bad tooth, but it turned out she was fine.

They have been in business for 30 years in Spartanburg. I think you will be pleased.

I still take my dog back to the groomer in Asheville, where we lived before moving to the Greenville/Spartanburg area. She raises show Cocker Spaniels and gives my girl a great cut. I would love to find someone who is experienced with Schnauzer cuts as others I have tried want to shave the top of her nose instead of letting it grow down like a Yorkshire Terrier. I would definitely be interested in any mobile groomer too! (if they are good) I have used a mobile vet in the past for vaccinations and would think the concept would carry over well to groomers.

Susan

Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommom View Post
I would really like to find an exceptional vet here. Any suggestions?? Same goes for a wonderful groomer, I'm used to having them groomed every 8 - 10 weeks, & I would love to find someone that's really good & I can trust completely! Any suggestions for a vet or groomer would be greatly appreciated!!
I can feel your pain , My wonderful pammered buddy gets groomed every 10-14 days. and gets a little miffed if it runs too long between his days of beauty. We just started with a great groomer, but she specializes in poodles. We had the worst time finding groomers too. Loads of horror stories. One cut his tail I mean made him bleed , several cut his ears....
As for vets try cleveland park animal hospital in Greenville. They have been great vets,but don't let them groom you baby.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscottdog View Post
We are possibly relocating to the Greenville area soon. The area we are looking in is Travelers Rest. I currently have my own business here in Michigan operating a mobile pet grooming salon. I was wondering if this type of business would take-off in Travelers Rest/Greenville? It has been a great business here in Michigan and has done very well. Any feedback on this would be great. Thanks!
If you are good , then I would think that business would be great! I'd give you a try at least!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 AM

548 posts, read 1,979,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommom View Post
We moved to the Spartanburg area last fall, & I would love to find a "mobile groomer," espesially if you know what you are doing! I've begun to think that maybe dog grooming is more used up north than here, but thats just my opinion. I've used one groomer here in Spartanburg once & one up in Greenville, NC (my husband works there) once, & neither one knew how to properly groom my 3 Pomeranians!! I've even went so far as to haul all 3 back up to Cincinnati, OH area to our old groomer (which we had used for over 12 yrs), just to get them groomed 2 times already!!! She cried when we moved & she's always so happy & excited when I take them back up there! When looking for a vet or groomer, I always look for someone who treats my dogs like I would expect a pediatrician to treat my kids, with kindness & true affection & concern for what I want & need from them. For now, I have found a vet that I adore (unfortunetly, he's up in Greenville, NC), I had went to a vet here in Spartanburg, but they refused to give my dogs a 3 yr. rabies shot, they insisted that because my dogs had not had any rabies shots here in SC (even tho they were completely up to date on all their shots, including the rabies) & I had given them all the paperwork & showed them the tags to prove it, they said I could get the 1 yr. shots & then next year I could get the 3 yr. shot! Needless to say, I went to the vet up in NC & was able to get all their boosters & the 3 yr. rabies shots with absolutely no problems what-so-ever!! I'm still looking for a vet here in Spartanburg (my husbands' work is only scheduled for another 6 -8 months up in NC). & 2 of my dogs have heart conditions which they take prescription meds for daily, so I would really like to find an exceptional vet here. Any suggestions?? Same goes for a wonderful groomer, I'm used to having them groomed every 8 - 10 weeks, & I would love to find someone that's really good & I can trust completely! Any suggestions for a vet or groomer would be greatly appreciated!!

Well if your up for it you could take grooming courses over at Greenville Tech and groom your own dogs. Save you money and it'd be done to your satisfaction. Just a thought. As to vets there are lots in the Greenville area. I'm sure you can find someone you like. My friend liked the vet behind McDonald's at Haywood and East North St (in back of BB&T) I use Hudson Rd. Vet. My dog is a Jack Russell so he doesn't need much grooming that I can't do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area