Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:19 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to park when going downtown? Is there free parking or is it metered? Is there a free parking lot where you can catch a trolley or bus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 05:07 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
On the weekends, we tend to park for free in the Richardson Street garage. It's convenient to everything that is downtown. It's right behind the Mast General Store. There is also metered parking on the streets, but don't hold your breath trying to get one of those.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:11 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
On the weekends, we tend to park for free in the Richardson Street garage. It's convenient to everything that is downtown. It's right behind the Mast General Store. There is also metered parking on the streets, but don't hold your breath trying to get one of those.
Just so nobody gets confused, metered parking in downtown Greenville means 2-hour parking until 6pm not pay parking. There are no coin meters on downtown Greenville street parking spots (they're always free) and after 6pm you can park as long as you want. There's also the large Suntrust lot behind their building which you can park in for free on nights and weekends without having to worry about being towed or given a ticket.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,176 times
Quote:
x2

Free parking is yet another reason to visit/hang out downtown.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 PM

78 posts, read 245,607 times
Default Parking for Fluor Field?

I drove by Fluor Field last weekend while I was downtown and started thinking about taking in a Drive game sometime this summer. I'm not really a big baseball fan but I did go to a few G'Braves games back in the day. I drove around the new stadium a little and didn't really see a central parking lot or gauge close by . I just looked on their website and all I could find was info about parking at County Square and there being a shuttle. Are there any better/closer parking options ?

Parking in the West End in general seems to be very limited or maybe I’m missing something, as I've not really explored that part of downtown very much.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:35 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
Quote:
It's good to note that you have to now pay at the Richardson garage from 9pm to I believe 12am. It's $3.00. Found this out when we went downtown for a birthday late last month.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Gville View Post
I drove by Fluor Field last weekend while I was downtown and started thinking about taking in a Drive game sometime this summer. I'm not really a big baseball fan but I did go to a few G'Braves games back in the day. I drove around the new stadium a little and didn't really see a central parking lot or gauge close by . I just looked on their website and all I could find was info about parking at County Square and there being a shuttle. Are there any better/closer parking options ?

Parking in the West End in general seems to be very limited or maybe I’m missing something, as I've not really explored that part of downtown very much.
Park at County Square. It is only a few blocks from the stadium. You can also catch the Drive shuttle bus from that parking lot.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
x2

Free parking is yet another reason to visit/hang out downtown.
Agreed. And, in my opinion, even parking you have to pay for is so much more reasonable than where I came from. I'm still amazed that even during a major festival, I have never had a parking problem or a problem with traffic going into or out of downtown. Except for Main St. which reminds me of Woodruff Road on a Saturday, I think the downtown area was really well thought out and planned.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:05 AM

843 posts, read 1,431,124 times
If I were going to a Drive game, I'd just park at a spot adjacent to main street take in the sights and sounds and stroll down to the field. Now if you aren't physically able to do that, then I'd search for a spot closer. If you are going to the game, enjoy downtown as well as the ballpark.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 AM

513 posts, read 541,105 times
Quote:
Park at County Square. It is only a few blocks from the stadium. You can also catch the Drive shuttle bus from that parking lot.
Good call - County Square lot to the West End is only a 5-10 minute walk. Plus, it's fairly easy to pick up the trolley if you didn't want to walk all the way to the Hyatt side of downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area