Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:28 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,754,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
That area was without power last night, but unsure of how bad any damage was.
Thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Well that was a nasty storm that just went through especially with the wind. Is everybody here all accounted for?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 PM

607 posts, read 1,401,876 times
One heck of a squall line!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Well that was a nasty storm that just went through especially with the wind. Is everybody here all accounted for?
The wind was quite impressive. A few power outages that I've seen, but unaffected here.

I do love a good storm.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM

46 posts, read 72,271 times
Quite a few, small power outages according to Duke Energy's map, but not nearly as bad as some recent storms:

Current Outages - North Carolina Residential-Duke Energy

I sure hope that hurricane season isn't as active as it's being played up to be this year. One quiet season would be nice.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:52 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
None of the past few seasons has been anywhere NEAR what was predicted. In past summers, I'd say we could use a good tropical system up this way to give us some soaking rains, but not now after all these storms!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 AM

306 posts, read 689,368 times
I was down at the community pool last night fishing all of the furniture out of the pool. The wind was so strong I could not get the gate open to leave, it kept blowing me back.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 AM

179 posts, read 516,568 times
I am in the Five Forks area just off of Bennett's Bridge and we did not lose power. However, I did have a bit oak fall down in our yard. It came up by the root ball. Luckily it did not hit the house.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Was sorta listening to the news on the TV in the background last night and heard Geraldi, and burned down. My head whipped around, but the segment was over. Went on line and found the story.

Was surprised to hear the name up here, and for such a thing, as this was my kids pediatrician in SOFLA until they both turned 21yrs old. Their home burned to the ground in the Carolinas from a lightening strike yesterday.

WLOS ABC 13 News :: Top Stories - Fire Destroys Home for Special Needs Kids

Terrible what Mother Nature can do.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM

10,077 posts, read 7,754,937 times
I was driving back from Charleston on Tuesday and Charleston hadn't had hardly any rain worth mentioning in the 3 weeks I was there.

Once I got down I385 about 10 miles, I saw BLACK clouds out of no where. They were scary looking. I thought maybe I could drive past it and be ok, but things got worse.

All of a sudden the skies broke out and hail came down and the wind was shaking my SUV. It was hard to keep it on the road. Wow!! I was shaking.

I swear it looked like funnel clouds were forming because it was black clouds all the way to the land.

Then I sped up just risking getting a ticket because I wanted to just get home out of all that mess. Then it started right back up at Ftn. Inn so I stopped at a BI-LO and stayed there until things cleared good enough for me to get home.

Then last night in Simpsonville, the skies got black again and the wind was blowing and limbs down in my yard.

How longs have these evening storms been occurring at night?

I don't mind rain and a scattered shower here and there but these storms are a bit scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area