U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 06:21 PM

20,655 posts, read 21,627,104 times

Advertisements

Did I read somewhere Walmart Neighborhood Market will not sell local produce?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 AM

5,010 posts, read 6,966,566 times
Having moved here 2 years ago the end of the month I was hoping to find someone I could trust with my hair. Women will understand. I've been with the same gal for 30yrs. prior to moving here. Last time I had my hair cut I was down in Columbia. I pulled the name out of some reviews on the internet and went on a whim since I hadn't found anyone here locally, and this was almost a year ago.

I was at a consignment store and really liked the woman's hair and asked where she had it done. She told me about a new place in Greer. Happens to be within walking distance of my home. Couldn't be more convenient, and I like keeping business within my community when at all possible.

Long story short, went and met the owner who is the sole stylist (at least for now) in this tiny spot. He just opened his salon, and unless you know it's there, you won't know it's there. Made an appt for the next business day. I took pages from magazines of the coloring I wanted my hair to look like, and he nailed it! The cut is great too. I have naturally curly hair and like wearing it straight sometimes. Coming from Miami, I was very happy with what he charged, compared with what I paid down there.

I know there's a lot of people moving to this area, or are going to move to this area who may be looking for a salon like I was, but haven't found one. And I'm not saying that this salon or the stylist is right for everyone. But, knowing how hard of a time I had to find someone here, and how long it took, I just wanted to post this as an option to others, especially since the salon is new (since December I think he said) and not easy to find.

And NO, I have no affiliation with this salon, or its owner. Just a happy customer who knows how hard it is to find someone when you're new to an area. And being this is a new business located in Greer, thought I could post my findings/experience of Eric Nichols Hair Salon here for others.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM

3,481 posts, read 3,989,003 times
Anyone visit the new Walmart grocery store yesterday? How was it? I bet the supercenter down the street was not as busy when you can do a quicker in and out at the new store. Unless you need something non grocery wise.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Anyone visit the new Walmart grocery store yesterday? How was it? I bet the supercenter down the street was not as busy when you can do a quicker in and out at the new store. Unless you need something non grocery wise.
I did. Nice clean store, but you would expect it to be since it's brand spanking new. That store going in there has greatly improved the look of the strip center it's in, which is nice.

http://taylors.patch.com/articles/ga...photo-13418859

Maybe its just me, but I don't see any great prices that would take me out of my way to shop there. I was at Aldi's the day before and bought a bunch of produce that was definitely a LOT cheaper than Walmarts price. I will shop there as a convenience since it's the closest store to my home and I just need something quickly.

I'm hoping it's true that Aldi's is going to build at the old D&D Ford. Someone told me Publix was going in behind the QT on WH. Not sure where they are getting that info from, but would seem like an odd place to me for them to build a store if it were true.

Fresh Market should take over the former Food Lion/Bloom location IMHO.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM

596 posts, read 833,133 times
Is there not a Walmart supercenter w/ grocery store in Greer now?

Greer needs a new restaurant like Cheesecake Factor, some fine dining like that

Old 02-21-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
Is there not a Walmart supercenter w/ grocery store in Greer now?

Greer needs a new restaurant like Cheesecake Factor, some fine dining like that
Yes, there is. I moved from MIA where there was just a regular walmart, no Super Walmart.

LOL! I was at Cheesecake Factory Sunday night in Durham. I wouldn't call CF "fine dining" but it would be a nice addition and change to the Greer area and the exhuberant amount of fast food joints that are all along WH. I really can't see where it would fit in though. As much as I hate going to Woodruff Rd. I would see CF fitting in more in that area,or on Pelham or Haywood.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:35 PM

596 posts, read 833,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Yes, there is. I moved from MIA where there was just a regular walmart, no Super Walmart.

LOL! I was at Cheesecake Factory Sunday night in Durham. I wouldn't call CF "fine dining" but it would be a nice addition and change to the Greer area and the exhuberant amount of fast food joints that are all along WH. I really can't see where it would fit in though. As much as I hate going to Woodruff Rd. I would see CF fitting in more in that area,or on Pelham or Haywood.
it was a joke, some people on here HATE cheesecake factory for some reason. they put a lot of thought into it.

i think i actually been to the one in durham actually about 5 years ago.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM

5,970 posts, read 6,173,158 times
Still no news on Kohls, other than the fact that I heard the project is dead.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:51 PM

With D&D clearing all of their land, maybe Publix will acquire that property.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM

Publix may be looking at the property behind QT, but they are widening Buncombe to 3 lanes each way, so nothing will happen until the road improvements are complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area