Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times

Advertisements

I like to frequent unusual, one of a kind stores. For instance, I love going to the Christopher Park Gallery. I recently found Moonstruck, in Mauldin.

Can anyone suggest any other stores similar to this in the area? Places that have very unusual items you don't tend to find elsewhere? I love going to places like this. A great place to find that unusual gift for someone special, or for yourself.

If you have any places you love please post the name and if you know, their location/address.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:17 PM

607 posts, read 1,401,876 times
The gift shop at the Greenville County Museum of Art, oddly enough, has some cool stuff.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:13 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,872,764 times
rep to you for starting this thread...interested to see the responses...

Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
The gift shop at the Greenville County Museum of Art, oddly enough, has some cool stuff.

I've not been there, actually, didn't even know there was a MOA here. Will definitely check it out, along with their gift shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
rep to you for starting this thread...interested to see the responses...
Thanks Tinabean, always appreciate some rep-love!

I know there must be some interesting places I've not heard about, especially being new to the area. For instance, I found Wilsons 5&10, and while not a shop for everyone, I found myself being thrown back in time. It reminded me of Woolworth's & McCrory's throwing up, or like a tornado hit 30yrs ago and they haven't recovered and were still in a time-warp. Fun and nostalgic.

These are the kind of places I like to find. Not that I'm looking for anything in particular. I go up to Asheville area quite often since beginning my move here, and have found some of my fav places to go up there already (The Tobacco Barn, Screen Door, Amazing Savings,Frugal Decor & More, CinTom's to name a few). Ditto with Hendersonville.

I haven't found too many of those places here, just yet - so here's to discovering new places! I know they're out there, I just need some help in finding some of them. I don't mind driving about an hours drive to find some neat places either, so if they are in a surrounding area, I'm game!

Thanks again for any and all input!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 AM

Oh, just thought about another place - The Emporium Gift Shop, nice stuff, and some reasonably priced items. I couldn't remember the name of the place so when I went looking for it, I found this video:

The Emporium in the West end of Greenville, SC is a unique boutique with a wide selection of jewelry, art and clothing - GreenvilleHD.com (http://www.greenvillehd.com/greenville-sc-shopping/the-emporium-of-the-westend/ - broken link)

THESE are the kind of places I look for, cool and unusual! I actually bought one of the kids backpacks, though at the gift store on Trade in Greer, it's the same thing - cute stuff!

Yeah! They have a vid for Christopher Park Gallery too!!!

http://www.greenvillehd.com/greenvil...-park-gallery/

Last edited by Eldemila; 07-07-2011 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: added more info

Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
A unique shop is located in Powdersville on S.C. 81, just past the library. It is called, A Bit of Whimsy.

Ten Thousand Villages in Lewis Plaza is another interesting shop.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
The Cafe at Williams Hardware is a cool place. The entire front section is loaded with unique gifts.

The Café @ Williams Hardware

Old 07-07-2011, 08:21 AM

Skyliner and Gpsuptate - thank you both, they look like places I'll be checking out soon.

Keep the ideas coming!!!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
http://westendcoop.com - I have never been there, but I happened across the store on a weekend when they were closed. Been meaning to stop in when they are open. They may have some unique items.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:52 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Liz Daly Designs is interesting. Solo! West End is another interesting shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area