Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,022 times

Advertisements

Hi! Just wondering if anyone out there knows about the Cherokee Valley Club Community. We were just there and it was beautiful ... very well planned and laid out. I would appreciate hearing from you! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 AM

234 posts, read 1,269,763 times
google it to find the website. I think Dan Marino (football player) is the pitchman for the resort if I recall. It did look nice, but I think the initiation fee to join the golf club was upwards to $50K. (I think that was the figure)
Anyways, I like golf, but not the much ;-)
good luck

Old 08-14-2007, 08:14 AM

286 posts, read 1,477,476 times
Is it no longer open to public? I played it several times as a non-member and was very reasonable...I think $30 with cart. Things must have changed in the last few years.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:47 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
It is home to the only 'Golf Digest Schools' in the Carolinas. As leggo mentioned, Dan Marino owns property there and is their main public spokesperson - that I am aware of anyway.
Check out more online

If you are interested in CVGC and would like to look into other golf communities around Greenville, I very highly recommend The Cliffs Communities, a group of several beautiful communities including world-class golf courses and amenities. They even have a couple locations out of the country. A membership there is good at any of their locations and is well worth the price, in my opinion. The latest news is that Tiger Woods plans to build his first U.S. golf course as part of a new Cliffs community. Recently, Gary Player announced his intention to move his family and the U.S. headquarters for his business to Greenville County as part of an incredible new community called, "The Cliffs at Mountain Park." Other courses in the various communities were designed by Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio, Tom Jackson, and Ben Wright. Several current professionals own property at The Cliffs as well, and Travel + Leisure Golf magazine recently named The Cliffs as one of the Top 10 golf communities in the nation. If nothing else, just ask for their very impressive information package and you'll be able to see and hear much more than is available online.

Other recommendations to consider include The Reserve at Lake Keowee, which is another beautiful world-class community co-developed by Jack Nicklaus and includes one of his signature course, plus coming soon will be the addition of a 27 hole Arnold Palmer Premier Golf Complex.

In Greenville, check out Thornblade, home of senior PGA golfer Jay Haas.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,097 times
Default Cherokee Valley

We bought 2 lots at cherokee last year. We are building on 1 within the next year, and are looking to sell 1 asap ~125k, includes membership. .5 acre Lot is on relatively flat cul de sac. Phase 2 Section 2.
http://www.cherokeevalleysc.com/images/lot_map.jpg (broken link)

Please email me if you're interested. chiphoward@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Cherokee Valley Club-cherokee_lots.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area