Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM

609 posts, read 1,619,341 times

Advertisements

Do you feel there's a good EVENTS Website for Greenville?

A central location dedicated to everything going on in Greenville/Mauldin/Simpsonville? Somewhere you can go there today and figure out something to get into for today/tomorrow or the weekend.....

Growing up here I felt one thing that kept this community kind of 'blah' was the lack of communicating events/travel options/etc to the mass public.

Something where you can find information about Game schedules, Concerts, Park Events, Fairs, Talent showcases, Event Pictures, etc.

The websites the city do have, I feel they are always really controlled and not diversified enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 02:45 PM

915 posts, read 2,423,099 times
Honestly, no, but I tend to check the Greenville news event calendar first...

Events > Greenville, SC > GreenvilleOnline

Old 08-10-2011, 03:05 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
Do you feel there's a good EVENTS Website for Greenville?

A central location dedicated to everything going on in Greenville/Mauldin/Simpsonville? Somewhere you can go there today and figure out something to get into for today/tomorrow or the weekend.....

Growing up here I felt one thing that kept this community kind of 'blah' was the lack of communicating events/travel options/etc to the mass public.

Something where you can find information about Game schedules, Concerts, Park Events, Fairs, Talent showcases, Event Pictures, etc.

The websites the city do have, I feel they are always really controlled and not diversified enough.
Absolutely not. I am constantly looking online for what is going on over the weekend and end up checking out 3 or 4 websites just to get all the info. I wish someone with some money would fund a decent website for upstate goings on, not just greenville mauldin, but spartanburg, anderson, easley, greer. I have seen websites created in the past but most are poorly designed and poorly funded.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:41 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Follow @greenvillefan, @GvilleEvents and @DowntownGVL on twitter.

A few other options:

Greenville Events and Things to Do | Metromix Greenville

Greenville Calendar of Events - Greenville Events - Upcountry

picthescene |

http://eventful.com/greenville/events

Fete Mobile Music

Last edited by Skyliner; 08-10-2011 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: added another twitter name

Old 08-10-2011, 05:07 PM

53 posts, read 112,726 times
The current situation is awful! I thought about starting one myself but the amount of work involved would be astronomical.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstewart1 View Post
The current situation is awful! I thought about starting one myself but the amount of work involved would be astronomical.
Awful? Hardly, IMO. Are you guys on Facebook at all? There are so many event listings that I had to drop some of the "Friends" (event calendars that are listed as friends), because my wall and inbox were staying too full with events.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
When we visited there, we couldn't find anything that helpful. A weekly paper with events would be nice. Every city should have one. I know about Metromix online which is OK but just not enough. We had to go to several websites to find out what was going on.

I think there are things going on but you have to search for them.

Here's an example of one that we have in Orlando:

Orlando Weekly | Events Calendar, Restaurants, Clubs, Musicians

You can get it all around town and it's very informative from festivals to what's going at the local bars.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
When we visited there, we couldn't find anything that helpful. A weekly paper with events would be nice. Every city should have one. I know about Metromix online which is OK but just not enough. We had to go to several websites to find out what was going on.
Beckycat, I'm laughing about this as most people do NOT want a hard copy paper anymore.....Metromix can be easily accessed from your I-Phone....you can follow them on Twitter.....Facebook....etc. Nothing could be easier when you are out than a click on your I-Phone, IMO.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 PM

609 posts, read 1,619,341 times
GSUpstate.. why are you trying to debate 5 people? Which i'm sure will increase from the general response.

If all of us see the same problem. Stop debating. it's OBVIOUS the GENERAL POPULATION AGREES ....

you're wrong.. All these peoople on here are not wrong. I'm just lost why this is so hard for some of you to see.

Life is a Wave. Go against the tide, you're sure to drown or losing the race either way.

I was thinking about creating a website. Getting a quality website is not hard for me at all. Getting all the information would be the biggest issue. Just need someone in the know from each county.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
GSUpstate.. why are you trying to debate 5 people? Which i'm sure will increase from the general response.
sojones (or whoever/alias) I'm not debating you.....absolutely nothing to debate with you. Throwing out electronic options which are numerous to educate people.
Does anyone else NOT see the irony that people are commenting about lack of a "hard copy published" paper by way of an electronic forum? I find that hysterical. LMAO!
Google, hook up to Facebook and Twitter. The info on happenings here and in many other cities is free flowing.

beckycat, you know I love ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area