U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-05-2011, 08:42 AM

14,628 posts, read 7,154,443 times
Default Can You Buy BMWs directly from the factory?

Can you buy BMWs directly from the factory down there or do you have to go through a dealership? And are the Beamers in the Greenville-Spartanburg area cheaper than Beamers elsewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-05-2011, 08:52 AM

1,030 posts, read 709,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Can you buy BMWs directly from the factory down there or do you have to go through a dealership? And are the Beamers in the Greenville-Spartanburg area cheaper than Beamers elsewhere?
I'm not exactly sure but I remember reading an article that said there are US laws requiring cars be sold by dealers.

Unread 09-05-2011, 11:55 AM

5,346 posts, read 5,079,417 times
I believe you'd have to buy through a dealer, but can have a BMW delivered at the local factory here (even if the model isn't built at that factory IIRC).

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:25 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,339,834 times
FYI: Its Bimmer when referring to cars. A beamer/beemer/variation is the BMW motorcycle. Drives me nuts when I hear it. Especially when it comes from those that work AT BMW!

Off my soap box now.

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:41 PM

5,346 posts, read 5,079,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
FYI: Its Bimmer when referring to cars. A beamer/beemer/variation is the BMW motorcycle. Drives me nuts when I hear it. Especially when it comes from those that work AT BMW!

Off my soap box now.
THANK YOU!! I've been cringing for 30 years when people refer to The Ultimate Driving Machines as "beamers"!! Like no one can pick up a copy of Car and Driver or Motor Trend and use the proper syntax..... The noive!!

Unread 09-06-2011, 08:46 AM

212 posts, read 177,645 times
I was going to say something too, but you two said it first.

Unread 09-06-2011, 08:13 PM

20 posts, read 28,298 times
You can buy through dealer and do factory pick up at the plant. Pick up includes a factory tour and the chance to drive your BMW model on a slalom course, braking course and a wet skidpad. You also get to drive the X5/3 over an off road course. Also get to be a passenger with a professional race driver driving an M5 on the course and skidpad. Amazing what these drivers can do with a car.

Before you drive the cars, you are encouraged with NYC--not New York City but Not Your Car. While each segment is modest in length, it is a ton of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area