Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times

Advertisements

Has somebody been stuffing ballot boxes again? LOL.

Blue Ridge Country named Greenville one of their 16 friendliest towns:

http://www.mainstreetdandridge.com/F..._Town_2011.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
It was me. I'm sorry.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Has somebody been stuffing ballot boxes again? LOL.
Uhh...the author of the story basically acknowledges that...

I got flurries of e mails from some communities that I am quite sure sent the word out to their citizens to, “e mail Blue Ridge Country and tell them how wonderful we are!”
But that’s not so much a matter of ballot stuffing as it is a reflection of a community spirit and pride

Ballot stuffing, community spirit, or whatever you want to call it...it's an online poll. And why does Greenville count as "in the mountains?" I don't see any mountains...

Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
It was me. I'm sorry.
LMAO. I thought it was you.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:21 AM

47 posts, read 101,728 times
Hey, I'm in TR. I can see mountains (or what passes for mountains after 21 years on the TX Gulf Coast) from my Walmart!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoann View Post
Hey, I'm in TR. I can see mountains (or what passes for mountains after 21 years on the TX Gulf Coast) from my Walmart!
That Wal-mart has one of the best views around, I must say!

But alas, TR is not Greenville. The only view I ever get of the mountains is coming down 385 by the airport. And that " mountain view" has been blocked with smog all summer long. You can barely see the first foothills.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoann View Post
That is a great view. Agreed.
I also love the views from several of the downtown condos.
The view from Fluor Field with downtown and the backdrop of Paris Mountain is another fav.
The views from Roper Mountain, beautiful as well.
The view of the mountains parallel to the runway when you land at GSP.
On a clear day, the view from the Fairview Road bridge over 385 is stunning!
So many beautiful views!

Maybe it's the beautiful topography and views that make the locals a generally happy, friendly bunch.....why we are on this list perhaps?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

80 posts, read 134,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
And that "mountain view" has been blocked with smog all summer long. You can barely see the first foothills.
Oh, crud. Y'all have smog??? That is one of the things I am really, REALLY hoping to escape in Smog Lake City, Utah. Our valley is filled with this junk in the winter. Only they prettify it and call it "the inversion." Blerg.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincoglionita View Post
Oh, crud. Y'all have smog??? That is one of the things I am really, REALLY hoping to escape in Smog Lake City, Utah. Our valley is filled with this junk in the winter. Only they prettify it and call it "the inversion." Blerg.
We have bad air quality in Greenville, SC. There are no emissions standards on vehicles, and the topography works against us (the mountains to the north trap the air, especially in the hot summers). The difference between having that here versus out west, is that you don't have the wide vistas here. So, you don't really see it like you do in Utah, Colorado, etc., unless you are at one of the very few places with much of a view. But even then, it's not nearly as far as you can see out west.

But we still breath it, even if you don't always see it.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Don't forget Greenville's own Paris Mountain, adjacent to the city itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area