Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecial View Post
I suppose next you will say, "It's Ruby Tuesday, not Ruby Tuesday's" or "JCPenny, not JCPenny's". No, I agree with you. It's really not so hard to see the sign says Trio.
It's actually JCPenney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM

177 posts, read 470,731 times
The food still sucked no matter how you spell it!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:16 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
We've been twice and loved it both times.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,014 times
I haven't been to Trio in a few years, but the few times I have been I thought the food was really good. I have always gotten one of their Italian dishes - never the wings. Always consistently good, even though the service is sometimes slow.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 AM

144 posts, read 296,042 times
Trio has been good, to mediocre to not so great for me over the years. They were one of the first restaurants downtown and they deserve some credit for that.

Seems like the guy had a bad experience, it happens, but I do not think he should have to defend his review just because it was bad.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post
Trio has been good, to mediocre to not so great for me over the years. They were one of the first restaurants downtown and they deserve some credit for that.

Seems like the guy had a bad experience, it happens, but I do not think he should have to defend his review just because it was bad.
True, one bad experience does not a bad restaurant make.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:11 AM

212 posts, read 423,251 times
Telling about a single bad experience is understandable, but trashing a decent place by going one time is unfair. I have eaten at Trio maybe 20+ times in five years, and can't remember a "bad" experience. I do wish they had the same style of bread they had 5 years ago, but I can live with the change.

I have heard some people say that they will only speak out strongly against a restaraunt if they have bad foood or service at least three times. Bad experiences three times out of any total number (3/3 or 3/100) says there is a CHANCE someone else WILL have a bad experience. One for one doesn't say much.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM

177 posts, read 470,731 times
Sorry I guess my BS in Food Service Mgmt, and my Associates in Culinary from Johnson and Wales, plus my 15 years as being a Chef make me take a different outlook on it. I'll chalk it up to a bad experince since several people hear defended Trio's reputation. But with 40 - 50 other restaurants within walking distance they should do better IMHO.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 AM

212 posts, read 423,251 times
I have been eating for 31 years now, so I guess I am an expert, too?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am not trying to be a jackass (well, maybe a little). You are right, that with as many other choices as there are, restaraunts in downtown Greenville should be at the top of their game if they want to stay competitive. You have every right to vote with your dollars so-to-speak.

I am curious, though. Did you communicate your concerns with Trio's management team?

Are you still a chef? Would you rather have an unsatisfied guest of your restaraunt express his concerns to you and your management team, or go to a website and tell everyone that he will probably never return? I hope you did communicate with those at the restaraunt first. They should have the opportunity to earn your respect back after a bad experience, before you tell the whole world.

Last edited by NoOneSpecial; 10-04-2011 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-05-2011, 07:58 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobster1 View Post
I'll chalk it up to a bad experince since several people hear defended Trio's reputation. But with 40 - 50 other restaurants within walking distance they should do better IMHO.
I've had very similar experiences to yours. I won't ever be going back to Trio's, because their food really sucks in my opinion. There are WAY better options downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area