U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM

5,473 posts, read 13,638,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobhan Tortora View Post
Just remember, wages are much less here. But then again, so is milk, eggs and bread!!!
And fuel!

Historical Price Charts - South Carolina Gas Prices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 PM

62 posts, read 131,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1015 View Post
SnowRocker,

thank you for the input on the school, that's more help than you know because I have been constantly researching where to go. I believe my sister has mentioned Williamston before, it sounds familiar but I will look farther into it. Thanks!
Well, I can tell you your most feasible options as far as school goes.

Tri-County Tech: If you move to Anderson/Williamston then I would assume this would be a no-brainer if they have a Vet program; and I would think they would. From what I hear they are VERY affordable.

Greenville Tech: A little further to travel but I know many people that travel from Anderson that go to GTech. Again, very affordable. I'm not sure if Tri-County is but, GTech is state accredited so Clemson and other schools will accept a lot of their credits if you transfer.

Clemson: Expensive and probably just as much of a travel as GTech but great education. I would say the only reason to go here would be if neither Tri-County or GTech offered a Vet degree/certificate.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 AM

88 posts, read 120,321 times
Tri-County Tech looks like the best option for me as of now. I have visited Clemson before and I wasn't a big fan of the campus. I'm not very interested in the college aspect of college anymore (parties, football games etc) I just want to get in and get out with my degree as quick as possible with as little distraction as possible. Tri-County Tech does have a Vet program and a few people on here have spoken highly of it. I am researching Greenville Tech as we speak, but if we do end up in Anderson, we only have one vehicle right now so the commute may be difficult. Also, Tri-County Tech offers their pre-req. programs online which I prefer.

Skyliner-
Thanks for that link! We were amazed a few weeks ago when we were down there how much cheaper fuel, and everything else was! We drove straight back from Georgia to New Jersey, about thirteen hours fueled on Red Bull- and even THAT was like a dollar cheaper! haha

Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 AM

88 posts, read 120,321 times
Oh and by the way, just to make you all feel better about your gas prices, that chart says it's about $3.17 there.......it's $3.33 here. haha

Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM

6,269 posts, read 18,845,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1015 View Post
Oh and by the way, just to make you all feel better about your gas prices, that chart says it's about $3.17 there.......it's $3.33 here. haha
I paid $3.08 cash price in Mauldin this morning.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 AM

5,681 posts, read 9,952,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I paid $3.08 cash price in Mauldin this morning.
PET PEEVE: When gas stations charge different prices for cash vs card (1st peeve), but then only put the cash price on their roadside signs! Grrrrrr...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
PET PEEVE: When gas stations charge different prices for cash vs card
It's so they can charge the semi-trucks more. Really I think it's good. Who doesn't have a debit card (same as cash price)?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM

5,681 posts, read 9,952,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRocker88 View Post
It's so they can charge the semi-trucks more. Really I think it's good. Who doesn't have a debit card (same as cash price)?
That may be, but I thought I remembered seeing that using a debit card at gas pumps can result in a hold on the account much larger than your actual purchase. I believe I saw that on a local TV new story a while back. The story also said the same large holds aren't put on the account when you run it as credit (but then you have to pay the higher price)...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
That may be, but I thought I remembered seeing that using a debit card at gas pumps can result in a hold on the account much larger than your actual purchase. I believe I saw that on a local TV new story a while back. The story also said the same large holds aren't put on the account when you run it as credit (but then you have to pay the higher price)...
I'm pretty sure that's a different issue. I hear the banks are starting to charge more for debit card use but that is through your bank. Then again, I may be mistaken.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM

5,473 posts, read 13,638,254 times
$3.02 at the Pilot travel center in Piedmont (I-85 @ S.C. 86) today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area