U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 902 times

Advertisements

Been a member of SC Telco for 14 years. The debit card thing is an issue only if you use your pin number more than six times a month. You can use your debit card all you want if you process it as credit. I like that better anyway because I don't have to worry about people watching me put my pin in the machines at the grocery store. Staff is wonderful and they have fre atms all over the place. I use the ATMs at publix and they are free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 AM

119 posts, read 214,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worleybird View Post
Been a member of SC Telco for 14 years. The debit card thing is an issue only if you use your pin number more than six times a month. You can use your debit card all you want if you process it as credit. I like that better anyway because I don't have to worry about people watching me put my pin in the machines at the grocery store. Staff is wonderful and they have fre atms all over the place. I use the ATMs at publix and they are free.

So true, I forgot about that!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 AM

128 posts, read 278,806 times
I was with Greenville Heritage, but they limit debit card transactions using your PIN, and also ATM withdrawals, to $300 per day. I thought that was too restrictive. I don't mind doing my transactions as credit, but there are some that I have to do as debit and even just one of those would take me over the $300 daily debit/ATM limit.

So, I moved over to SC Telco. Their daily ATM limit is $500, (just like the big bank I quit), their daily debit/PIN transaction limit is $2,000, and their daily credit transaction limit is also $2,000.

Other than the daily debit/ATM limit being too restrictive, I didn't have any issues with Greenville Heritage. I have no problem recommending Greenville Heritage or SC Telco.

But, for me, SC Telco edges out Greenville Heritage - but only by a hair - because SC Telco gives you your first order of checks free and lets you choose your own PIN number. I have some neuro issues related to lupus and sometimes my memory is really bad, so getting to choose my own PIN is important.

FYI, anyone having damaged credit should avoid Greenville FCU on Wade Hampton Blvd. They pull credit scores for applicants before deciding whether to give them an account (applicants with damaged credit are only offered a savings account). I understand TeleCheck and Chex Systems being checked, but pulling credit scores is going too far, IMO. Bad money handling skills and/or irresponsibility are not the only ways a person's credit can become damaged. I turned them down and politely walked out on principle.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 AM

820 posts, read 750,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondoc View Post
SC Telco seems to be pretty popular. I gathered some info on them to possibly start an account and the only thing I didn't like is that you don't get unlimited use of the debit card. You only get 6 free debit card purchases when you use your pin number. That seems kind of ridiculous. But maybe this is the way all banks are heading.
I only use my pin number a couple times a year. I do all of my purchases as credit card transactions with my debit card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area