Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 05:47 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Something happen at the Simpsonville Chick-Fil-A?

I went by there, and because it sits down a little bit and it was raining and getting dark, I went by before I could tell exactly what was happening.. Looked like heavy equipment in the parking lot, looked like they were closed.. I was thinking, perhaps, a car created a second drive thru via the front doors.. At least, that's kinda what it looked like. Could have just been some construction or something.. I was there on Tuesday, all was well.. The building is too new that they'd rebuild it.. It certainly appeared to be closed with construction happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 06:24 PM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
It's being renovated.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:34 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Damn, Damn, DAMN!

I've been stopping there after the gym for a salad and wrap for dinner.

Hopefully, they'll renovate the parking lot a bit, too.. I've gotten trapped twice by cars in the drive-thru backed up to Fairview. They do have tablets to come out and line bust, but.. They always had the cones on three of the parking spaces so that didn't happen quite so much.

The new one in Laurens actually has 2 DT lanes in it. Perhaps they'll do something similar.. They could, assuming whoever owns all that would allow it, branch out into more of the shopping center parking lot to add another DT lane.

Seems strange for a renovation.. For that place being 15 years old.. It is immaculate inside. I don't think I've ever seen a nasty Chick-Fil-A, but you'd never guess that place was 15 years old by looking at it. Inside or out.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:48 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Not sure if posted already, but the tiny Office Depot in Taylors on WH is closing.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:33 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Not sure if posted already, but the tiny Office Depot in Taylors on WH is closing.
That space combined with the empty space next door which OD vacated a few years back when they downsized should allow for a larger retailer now.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Office Depot #479, Hampton Village, 2801 Wade Hampton Boulevard, #100, Taylors, South Carolina 29687-2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
That space combined with the empty space next door which OD vacated a few years back when they downsized should allow for a larger retailer now.
I am not surprised by this announcement. If Office Depot #479 has been a low performing store in recent years, it should have closed sooner than later. Spending money to downsize the store and keep it open while losing money are bad business decisions.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:31 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I am not surprised by this announcement. If Office Depot #479 has been a low performing store in recent years, it should have closed sooner than later. Spending money to downsize the store and keep it open while losing money are bad business decisions.
It could have more to do with the pending Staples/Office Depot merger. I would imagine a number of locations will have to close before the FTC ever allows the merger to go though.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Office Depot #479, Hampton Village, 2801 Wade Hampton Boulevard, #100, Taylors, South Carolina 29687-2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It could have more to do with the pending Staples/Office Depot merger. I would imagine a number of locations will have to close before the FTC ever allows the merger to go though.
When Office Depot acquired OfficeMax, several Office Depot and OfficeMax stores in direct competition with one another remained opened. If the merger with Staples proceeds, stores would have to close indeed.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:36 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
When Office Depot acquired OfficeMax, several Office Depot and OfficeMax stores in direct competition with one another remained opened. If the merger with Staples proceeds, stores would have to close indeed.
The (now smaller) Staples in Greer is now the only "big box" retail office supply store within many miles. The OD closing had a sign saying the next closest store was on Verdae in Greenville. It makes shopping on line a much easier choice if the stores keep closing locations, or making inventory selection smaller, and smaller. Luckily it's become a store I rarely have to frequent these days.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:25 PM

192 posts, read 429,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Damn, Damn, DAMN!

I've been stopping there after the gym for a salad and wrap for dinner.

Hopefully, they'll renovate the parking lot a bit, too.. I've gotten trapped twice by cars in the drive-thru backed up to Fairview. They do have tablets to come out and line bust, but.. They always had the cones on three of the parking spaces so that didn't happen quite so much.

The new one in Laurens actually has 2 DT lanes in it. Perhaps they'll do something similar.. They could, assuming whoever owns all that would allow it, branch out into more of the shopping center parking lot to add another DT lane.

Seems strange for a renovation.. For that place being 15 years old.. It is immaculate inside. I don't think I've ever seen a nasty Chick-Fil-A, but you'd never guess that place was 15 years old by looking at it. Inside or out.

A friend works at this Chick-Fil-A. This location will be closed for approximately 4 weeks. They're including a double drive thru in the reno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area