Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 09:19 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The retail center at the southeast corner at Hillcrest Drive and North Carolina Street where Food Lion #806 was is currently called Laurens Plaza. It may have been Hillcrest Plaza in the past. Retail centers do undergo name changes.
You are correct, but it was called Hillcrest Plaza when WD was there. Laurens Plaza was the strip where the old Walmart was, or it was where the Ingles is now, which I'm leaning towards because I think there was a big grassy area between the 2, and there were more stores in the Ingles location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 04:51 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You are correct, but it was called Hillcrest Plaza when WD was there. Laurens Plaza was the strip where the old Walmart was, or it was where the Ingles is now, which I'm leaning towards because I think there was a big grassy area between the 2, and there were more stores in the Ingles location.
I wont post any more on this subject, since its getting OT, but I had to ask an expert on the area, my Mom! Winn Dixie was located in the Laurens Plaza, always called Laurens Plaza. Hillcrest Plaza was, and is located where the county tax office is now, the former location of Roses and Food Lion. She use to shop the WD after work, she worked for Voc Rehab behind the old Sears building, and use to use the heck out of those S&H greenstamps there. That's how she knew it was Laurens Plaza. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:18 PM

208 posts, read 216,836 times
When did the Five Guys on Congaree Road (behind Haywood Mall) close? Is that location moving? Haven't seen a Five Guys close before.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:38 PM

292 posts, read 344,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
When did the Five Guys on Congaree Road (behind Haywood Mall) close? Is that location moving? Haven't seen a Five Guys close before.
I heard they were moving to the old Monterrey's location on Garlington Rd (same plaza as Tom's BBQ). I think I read that on here somewhere but can't find the post now.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:46 PM

29 posts, read 73,981 times
Looks like Brushy Creek BBQ in Powdersville has closed.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:49 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
I heard they were moving to the old Monterrey's location on Garlington Rd (same plaza as Tom's BBQ). I think I read that on here somewhere but can't find the post now.
No, they moved into the other end cap unit next to Tijuana Flats on Haywood; should be open any day now.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:53 PM

272 posts, read 329,195 times
Quote:
Discussed in another thread back in november: http://www.city-data.com/forum/green...l#post42040340

Five Guys relocating to a new vacant space between Haverty's and Tijuana Flats on Haywood.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:13 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
I don't believe the franchisee for the upstate has any plans for Woodruff Rd. Not sure how that rumor got started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
No, they moved into the other end cap unit next to Tijuana Flats on Haywood; should be open any day now.
The relocated location actually opened this past Saturday. This location now serves milkshakes, in addition to the location in Greer.

Last edited by vtmike; 01-25-2016 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 09:56 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:

I believe their new address will be 586 Haywood Road. There was a Craigslist ad for jobs the other day for Five Guys for Haywood Road.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:18 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
This gives a definite answer. They appear to already be open as you can order online for pick-up. Friend also told me she was there earlier today for lunch. Put in zip code 29607 & this location comes up as open already. Five Guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area