U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 02:55 AM

215 posts, read 144,967 times

Advertisements

The Wal-Mart ones aren't as good as Papa Murphy's, but still well ahead of frozen. I've been pretty disappointed in the pizza places out our way, and they are expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 07:56 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
So I still have to bake it at home? Why is it not already baked at the restaurant like at other pizza chains? What a weird pizza place. No wonder they closed down.
It's a huge national chain and they've won numerous awards for best pizza. The "take and bake" concept keeps their store costs low, i.e. no oven and helps keep their prices down for a very good quality product. I'd go to the one on Wade Hampton sometimes on a Friday or Saturday night and there would be a 20 minute wait, they were packed. I wonder if the local franchisee had some, ahem, money issues.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 PM

10,062 posts, read 19,929,206 times
Breakwater restaurant to close downtown.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:10 AM

369 posts, read 403,062 times
Quote:
Breakwater restaurant to close downtown.
That's extremely disappointing. One of my favorite places downtown for sure.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:19 AM

205 posts, read 286,335 times
BI-LO #5581
3220 W. Blue Ridge Dr.
GREENVILLE, SC 29611

Closing August 24

Old 08-01-2016, 01:34 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,824,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It's a huge national chain and they've won numerous awards for best pizza. The "take and bake" concept keeps their store costs low, i.e. no oven and helps keep their prices down for a very good quality product. I'd go to the one on Wade Hampton sometimes on a Friday or Saturday night and there would be a 20 minute wait, they were packed. I wonder if the local franchisee had some, ahem, money issues.
I would say the concept was hard to grasp by some. Many people don't want to bother taking a pizza home and baking it. I went there once with a friend, she wanted to pick up a pizza from there. I wouldn't say the pricing was much different than a pizza you could get delivered, or picked up elsewhere, and you would have saved yourself all the effort. Having to go there, wait for 20 minutes on a busy evening, then get home, and then pre-heat your oven, then bake the pizza, and most likely, make and serve something else along with it, is still a lot of work. It should not take 20 minutes to make a pizza. If you have enough help, especially on busy weekend nights, it should take a matter of a few minutes to pound/slap out a pizza, top it, and put it in a box.

Also, having a keen eye, and having owned a pizzeria, I watch the too "young" men (meaning, there was no one that was a manager at that time) make the pizza. Not once did they use the scale they had for the use of weighing toppings out. If you want to have a consistent product you weigh your cheese to make sure each pizza, depending on size, has the right amount of cheese. They piled the cheese on, way too much, and it wasn't suppose to be extra cheese. The toppings were scattered aimlessly, when done, some pizza pieces had a fragment of what other pieces had. If we made a pepperoni pizza, you count the slices and make sure the topping covers the pizza. We would make sure our pepperoni would overlap each slice. You MUST be consistent with each pizza you make.

When I moved here I noticed that people who live here are content with the big pizza chains. I think that's why it's so hard to find good pizza around here, and it's why I go to Black Mountain when I want pizza. Those who have lived elsewhere and know what good pizza is strive to find something that can compare.

Was the pizza bad tasting, no, it wasn't, but it may have not had an owner/operator at the helm, and that can easily kill a business for many reasons. It wasn't that the pizza was bad, but the concept may work better elsewhere, but I didn't see it lasting too long here. It's sad to have a business fail, and it's a costly mistake to let one fail.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:40 PM

61 posts, read 85,328 times
Tutti Frutti yogurt in Simpsonville is closed. The place is cleaned out. I know my wife filed a BBB complaint, because while the yogurt was good, the store was disgusting.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:33 PM

8,142 posts, read 5,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
Tutti Frutti yogurt in Simpsonville is closed. The place is cleaned out. I know my wife filed a BBB complaint, because while the yogurt was good, the store was disgusting.
Sounds like you should have contacted the health department, not the BBB.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:50 PM

10,062 posts, read 19,929,206 times
Staples downtown to close.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:59 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,838 posts, read 3,526,803 times
Quote:
Staples downtown to close.
wondering what will replace it as the Publix next door is always busy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area