U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 05:42 PM

9,326 posts, read 11,249,863 times

Advertisements

I am shocked that the Golden Chick is closed on Pleasantburg. I went there one time and there was one customer but good food. The scary thing is, I go to the Pelham store and usually one or no customers, but good chicken and rolls. I hope they can stay open!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Golden Chick on Pleasantburg is closed. That doesn't surprise me much.. I always thought that was a bad location for several reasons.. One of the main ones being.. Too close to the existing location on Pelham.

Not sure exactly when they closed, but within the past 2 weeks.
Oh and I heard it is now a burger place? Fresh Burger? This is from mapquest so correct me if I am wrong.... Sad to see the demise of Golden Chick.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:11 PM

94 posts, read 70,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Oh and I heard it is now a burger place? Fresh Burger? This is from mapquest so correct me if I am wrong.... Sad to see the demise of Golden Chick.
Yeah, it is Fresh Burger. I stopped in a few weeks ago. The burgers were okay. Nothing to get excited about. Strangely, the decor inside was still that of Golden Chick. Giant posters of chicken tenders on the walls. Not great service though. When I ordered, I was charged fifty cents more than what the menu said. I couldn't care less about the money, but when I mentioned it to the cashier as a heads up, she just said "okay. I will tell my manager." No apology. No offer for a refund. Nothing. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:35 PM

5,059 posts, read 3,480,307 times
Kmart on Clemson Boulevard in Anderson to close at end of March

Anderson Kmart is closing in March. Are there anymore Kmart left in the Upstate now?

Hopefully they can do something great with that Kmart. Mt Pleasant lost theirs and gained DSW, Dicks, Nordstrom Rack, Kitchen and Co, and J Crew and a few outparcles in return.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:12 PM

370 posts, read 403,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Are there anymore Kmart left in the Upstate now?
The one in Mauldin is still alive and kicking, as far as I know.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:02 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,729,652 times
Quote:

Anderson Kmart is closing in March. Are there anymore Kmart left in the Upstate now?

Hopefully they can do something great with that Kmart. Mt Pleasant lost theirs and gained DSW, Dicks, Nordstrom Rack, Kitchen and Co, and J Crew and a few outparcles in return.
Mauldin, Greenville(Church St.) and Seneca are the last three surviving Kmarts in the upstate after Anderson and Greenwood close.

Wonder which Sears will be the first to close in the upstate? Sears sold Craftsman to Stanley Tools today. Just will not be any reason to go there at all soon.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:

I heard Kmart in Seneca and Kmart in Greenwood. Been to both a few times... I think they have been dying for awhile.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,833,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Mauldin, Greenville(Church St.) and Seneca are the last three surviving Kmarts in the upstate after Anderson and Greenwood close.

Wonder which Sears will be the first to close in the upstate? Sears sold Craftsman to Stanley Tools today. Just will not be any reason to go there at all soon.
The only reason we go to Sears at Haywood is you can park closer to the door there. We then walk through Sears to access the rest of the mall.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:33 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,006,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
Yeah, it is Fresh Burger. I stopped in a few weeks ago. The burgers were okay. Nothing to get excited about. Strangely, the decor inside was still that of Golden Chick. Giant posters of chicken tenders on the walls. Not great service though. When I ordered, I was charged fifty cents more than what the menu said. I couldn't care less about the money, but when I mentioned it to the cashier as a heads up, she just said "okay. I will tell my manager." No apology. No offer for a refund. Nothing. That just rubbed me the wrong way.
Guy I work with went there today.. He came back into the office with a Burger King bag.

Said he was waiting around for 10 minutes, still about 5th in line, and when a guy walked up to the counter and said he had been waiting 35 minutes.. Figured it was time to go.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:35 AM

193 posts, read 197,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Guy I work with went there today.. He came back into the office with a Burger King bag.

Said he was waiting around for 10 minutes, still about 5th in line, and when a guy walked up to the counter and said he had been waiting 35 minutes.. Figured it was time to go.
Maybe they were out back butchering a cow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area