U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM

178 posts, read 175,401 times

Advertisements

Looks like Capricioza on Congaree closed. I saw "Available" signs in the windows this morning. I ate there several times and thought the food was excellent, but I don't think that location is great for a restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 09:58 AM

44 posts, read 18,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
Looks like Capricioza on Congaree closed. I saw "Available" signs in the windows this morning. I ate there several times and thought the food was excellent, but I don't think that location is great for a restaurant.
Yes. Yelp! has listed it as closed for good.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:06 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,138,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post

Olympian was in that location for a long time. I think that area is just forgotten sometimes now because its squeezed between all the chains on Haywood and around Magnolia Park.

I miss the Capri's that was on Woodruff Rd and on Stone Ave. I believe there is still one in Greenwood and Easley.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:06 PM

16 posts, read 10,354 times
Looks like Freddy's on Woodruff Rd. is being dismantled. Dive n' Boar out near Cherrydale shuttered today, too.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:44 PM

453 posts, read 535,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Looks like Freddy's on Woodruff Rd. is being dismantled. Dive n' Boar out near Cherrydale shuttered today, too.

Dive 'N' Boar announces closing in Facebook post

Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM

4,002 posts, read 2,266,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
I knew they were doomed when I went there and saw those prices. I bolted for Steak n Shake. Woodruff was a bad choice too.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:57 PM

9,678 posts, read 18,626,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I knew they were doomed when I went there and saw those prices. I bolted for Steak n Shake. Woodruff was a bad choice too.
Not doomed. They just got a price they couldn't refuse for Panda Express.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:39 PM

4,002 posts, read 2,266,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Not doomed. They just got a price they couldn't refuse for Panda Express.
Maybe, but when I would go by, business would seem slow.

It looked like the average price for a meal at Freddys was ~$8. You can get a good meal at Steak n Shake for $4, and any size tea for $1. Steakburgers shouldn't cost that much.

I do think the location plays more a role though. If you're going to pay $8 for a meal, there's plenty of other places on Woodruff you could do it. Maybe Pelham or Laurens would have been better.

Will be interesting to see how Panda Express does there. Panda is a type of place that could work on Laurens, Pelhem, Pleasantburg, etc considering the type of place it is. Seems like overkill to throw it on Woodruff. But we'll see. It's good food though.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:03 PM

10,701 posts, read 23,220,086 times
Hampton Seafood on Wade Hampton closed. Now, there is a sign that says hibachi and wings coming soon.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 AM

8,092 posts, read 9,864,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Wow! Freddy's was not open that long there....how many other restaurants occupied that property in the past?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area