U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-14-2017, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
10,068 posts, read 19,940,759 times
Reputation: 2657

Advertisements

Brazwell’s is slated to close downtown due to the building owner being a jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2017, 10:15 AM
 
8,161 posts, read 6,011,780 times
Reputation: 10564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Einstein bagels is out by Clemson and up by north Greenville university and they aren't terrible. I do wish they would open a location in town somewhere closer though because the 7 dollars for 13 bagels on Mondays is a great deal.
I'm not a bagel fan, but there's a place down in Verdae.. Chesapeake Bagel Bakery? Oh, wait.. Looking it up online, they might have changed.. Greenfield's Bagels and Deli?

Pretty sure it used to be Chesapeake.. Maybe someone can verify my claim.. They say they bake fresh daily.

Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,394 posts, read 17,110,488 times
Reputation: 4909
Default Brazwell's Premium Pub, 631 South Main Street, Greenville, South Carolina 29601-2504

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Brazwell’s is slated to close downtown due to the building owner being a jerk.
It appears Brazwell's Premium Pub is permanently closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2017, 01:52 PM
 
587 posts, read 688,209 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm not a bagel fan, but there's a place down in Verdae.. Chesapeake Bagel Bakery? Oh, wait.. Looking it up online, they might have changed.. Greenfield's Bagels and Deli?

Pretty sure it used to be Chesapeake.. Maybe someone can verify my claim.. They say they bake fresh daily.

Home

I moved here in 2008 and I'm pretty sure it was Greenfields then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2017, 02:16 PM
 
Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,838 posts, read 3,529,979 times
Reputation: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm not a bagel fan, but there's a place down in Verdae.. Chesapeake Bagel Bakery? Oh, wait.. Looking it up online, they might have changed.. Greenfield's Bagels and Deli?

Pretty sure it used to be Chesapeake.. Maybe someone can verify my claim.. They say they bake fresh daily.

Home
I live very close to Greenfield's - I don't ever recall a different name - but, I've only been in this location for about 7 years.

I tried Greenfield's several years ago after Bruegger's closed their Augusta Road location (disappointing then) - was not impressed with Greenfield's bagels - now, since Bruegger's has shuttered all of their Upstate SC locations, I will try GF again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Status: "Summer, please don't leave!" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Asheville, NC
11,476 posts, read 25,708,361 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
It appears Brazwell's Premium Pub is permanently closed.
I liked the concept of their place. I went to their grand opening and the food was good. They offered games (Connect 4, Jemga, etc) which were fun and they had a band. I brought guests there twice after and the service was not good, out of food that was on the menu and the food was mediocre.

It's too bad. Hopefully, something else decent opens there. We don't need anymore restaurants downtown either. Maybe something more on the entertainment side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2017, 03:37 PM
 
8,161 posts, read 6,011,780 times
Reputation: 10564
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I live very close to Greenfield's - I don't ever recall a different name - but, I've only been in this location for about 7 years.

I tried Greenfield's several years ago after Bruegger's closed their Augusta Road location (disappointing then) - was not impressed with Greenfield's bagels - now, since Bruegger's has shuttered all of their Upstate SC locations, I will try GF again.
I used to live in the DC area where it seems half of all businesses have "Chesapeake" in their name.. So.. I could very well be mistaken.

there legit is a company called Chesapeake Bagel Bakery, tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 AM
 
370 posts, read 403,841 times
Reputation: 224
Four Seasons in Mauldin has a “closing sale” sign out front. Surprised they’ve lasted this long; I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than one car parked out front, and its Yelp reviews are some of the worst in the Upstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2017, 03:45 PM
 
Location: St Clair Shores, Michigan
190 posts, read 181,557 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Four Seasons in Mauldin has a “closing sale” sign out front. Surprised they’ve lasted this long; I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than one car parked out front, and its Yelp reviews are some of the worst in the Upstate.
I used to love it when it was China Kitchen in the 90's. I didn't even realize it was still open. We drove by it a few years ago and I saw that it had a new name and assumed (you know what they say about that) that it was no longer Chinese, because of the steak place of the same name that used to be in Belton.

Honestly, their unfiltered Yelp reviews are the reason why no one trusts the reviewers on Yelp and no one actually cares about Yelp anymore. Look at the filtered reviews and those on other sites (like Tripadvisor) and they paint a different picture than the "look at ME ME ME NOW" reviews that get left up for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2017, 04:12 PM
 
237 posts, read 727,859 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
I used to love it when it was China Kitchen in the 90's. I didn't even realize it was still open. We drove by it a few years ago and I saw that it had a new name and assumed (you know what they say about that) that it was no longer Chinese, because of the steak place of the same name that used to be in Belton.

Honestly, their unfiltered Yelp reviews are the reason why no one trusts the reviewers on Yelp and no one actually cares about Yelp anymore. Look at the filtered reviews and those on other sites (like Tripadvisor) and they paint a different picture than the "look at ME ME ME NOW" reviews that get left up for all to see.
The memories The China Kitchen was my first job in the late 80's. After closing the owners would make would make their own personal dinner and let the workers eat with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top