U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 05:20 PM

190 posts, read 182,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by witton View Post
The memories The China Kitchen was my first job in the late 80's. After closing the owners would make would make their own personal dinner and let the workers eat with them.
Super lucky. I still crave those fried noodles they made for the moo goo gai pan. They kind of ruined it for Chinese food for me, because I had super high expectations of other places which no where else ever quite lived up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 11:54 PM

6,238 posts, read 18,180,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Four Seasons in Mauldin has a “closing sale” sign out front. Surprised they’ve lasted this long; I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than one car parked out front, and its Yelp reviews are some of the worst in the Upstate.
Before Kazoku Express opened, Four Seasons had a sign out front that they were moving to a different location. There was talk at one time that the city wanted the land on that side of Main for the city center redevelopment.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:49 PM

205 posts, read 287,533 times
Bikas on Pendleton St. near the end of Main St.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:19 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,651,026 times
Am I the first one to find out that Bruegger's on Woodruff has closed? Their bagels were not the best Ive ever had, but they were decent, and I would always try to head there on a Wed. when they were $2 off a (baker's ) dozen. Looks like there is only one option left in the area, the expensive one that only gives 12 when you buy a dozen.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:39 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,850,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Am I the first one to find out that Bruegger's on Woodruff has closed? Their bagels were not the best Ive ever had, but they were decent, and I would always try to head there on a Wed. when they were $2 off a (baker's ) dozen. Looks like there is only one option left in the area, the expensive one that only gives 12 when you buy a dozen.
It was posted a couple of pages back in this thread, I think. Seems like about a month or so ago.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
It was posted a couple of pages back in this thread, I think. Seems like about a month or so ago.
Oh okay- I actually menat to say am I the LAST one to know. Well I hope that other bagel place that was mentioned on another thread decides to come here- we have so few options- in Raleigh, aside from Bruegger's there was NY Bagels and Deli- they had all the NY specialties, and it was great!

Old 11-08-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Damn that stinks. I've actually always thought the bagels at Greenfields were a little better than Brueggers, but I'd end up at Brueggers more because of the location was more convenient to me. I rarely have a need to go over to Laurens Rd for anything. I'd rate the service about the same, both places feel chaotic and disorganized to me. I'd be curious to know if there any other bagel places around in. And before anyone says Panera or ATL bread, those aren't bagels, its just round bread with a hole in it.
Yeah I just found out about Bruegger's myself. We need another option!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 PM

11 posts, read 5,268 times
I am not a bagel connoisseur, but I've enjoyed the ones I've had from Broadway Bagels on Hudson Road in Greer (Bilo shopping center). I'm curious to hear if those of you who know your bagels think their bagels are up to par.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,838 posts, read 3,541,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysuckle_rose View Post
I am not a bagel connoisseur, but I've enjoyed the ones I've had from Broadway Bagels on Hudson Road in Greer (Bilo shopping center). I'm curious to hear if those of you who know your bagels think their bagels are up to par.
wow, the Yelp (and even TA) reviews are scathing - I don't recall ever seeing a "C" health/restaurant rating anywhere in Greenville - my general rule is never eat in any restaurant attached to a Bi-Lo as these shopping centers are in decline - however, I have no choice and have to try Greenfield's

Last edited by drfranklin; 11-08-2017 at 08:29 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 02:00 AM

667 posts, read 848,188 times
I learned this week that Oakblue Kitchen, the Korean barbecue restaurant on North Main Street in Downtown Greenville, has closed its doors just as quietly as it opened some 15 months ago or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area