U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,418,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
I learned this week that Oakblue Kitchen, the Korean barbecue restaurant on North Main Street in Downtown Greenville, has closed its doors just as quietly as it opened some 15 months ago or so.
I didn't know there was a Korean BBQ place downtown. I love Korean food and would have given it a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 09:38 AM

291 posts, read 314,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
I learned this week that Oakblue Kitchen, the Korean barbecue restaurant on North Main Street in Downtown Greenville, has closed its doors just as quietly as it opened some 15 months ago or so.
Yeah. They effectively closed in August or September, shifting their staff towards The Common Cure (off Augusta). They made it sound temporary, as if this was only going to last a week or two, but...well, no, not so much.

It wasn't my favorite BBQ place in town, but I liked it well enough, and I'd definitely rather eat there than Smoke on the Water.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:01 PM

9,748 posts, read 18,906,960 times
Diner 24 has closed but will be reopening under new management.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,804,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
WHOAH, I found a few things I liked there along with the atmosphere. It was never busy, but I figured that was just the times I was there. I hope they will be able to do well after the reopening.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:22 PM

291 posts, read 314,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yikes. Considering it took forever for them to get around to opening, it's unreal that they closed their doors so quickly...even by Bottle Cap Group standards.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:38 PM

2,894 posts, read 3,333,859 times
Apparently the former Arizona Steakhouse on Woodruff Rd. has closed down, most recently known as JP's 4 Corners, with a similar menu. The other Simpsonville location appears to remain open, but has been rebranded Arizona Handcrafted Fare and Drink. May not be the original owner or the same menu, but not sure. Meanwhile, Arizona's Restaurant remains open in Lithonia, Ga. under the original Greenville owners, if I understand correctly.

Whatever the case, I am sorry the Woodruff Rd. location has closed down. The food was good, and it was a nice, pleasant restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere. Very nice portions, good steak and prime rib. Nice side salads and loaded potato. And no congestion and long waits like LongHorn down the road at Greenridge. I like LongHorn, but that is an aggravating location in a congested shopping center. The old Arizona's on Woodruff Rd. was much easier to access and a much nicer experience. Hopefully another nice restaurant with a similar steakhouse menu will take its place.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 AM

94 posts, read 57,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Apparently the former Arizona Steakhouse on Woodruff Rd. has closed down, most recently known as JP's 4 Corners, with a similar menu....Hopefully another nice restaurant with a similar steakhouse menu will take its place.
This was discussed several pages back on this thread, but yes, they closed 9/23. Last I heard they were planning on reopening as a mexican restaurant/cantina.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Status: "chasing waterfalls in Waterfall City" (set 24 days ago)

4,507 posts, read 1,935,145 times
I think Diner 24 would do better if it moved to a location with parking.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:04 PM

635 posts, read 975,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
And if they had actual diner prices and not a $9 waffle. I like the concept but not the execution. The bottle cap group has had a lot of failures here recently with the only ones sticking being SIP and Ink & Ivy

Old 11-14-2017, 07:19 PM

22 posts, read 9,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Over 2,200 parking spaces within 0.2 miles of Diner 24.

I went to the diner not long after it opened. I was excited for the concept, but the staff didn't have their stuff together and the food was mediocre. I chalked it up to a new crew working out the kinks, but the reviews didn't seem to have improved. I think there are a lot of reasons it didn't work out, but parking probably wasn't in the top 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area