U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 AM

109 posts, read 67,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
I couldn't access that link but I assume you are talking about Chief's. Someone on Facebook said it was because the new owner was a felon and apparently that's a no-go for a SC liquor license.
If that's true then that's pretty stupid. If the guy has served his time or fines etc. What does it matter? I'd also like to know what he was convicted of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 12:28 PM

8,161 posts, read 6,016,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
If that's true then that's pretty stupid. If the guy has served his time or fines etc. What does it matter? I'd also like to know what he was convicted of.

If it was an alcohol related offense.. Serving to minors or something like that.. I can see it being a disqualification.. Perhaps if it was a recent offense, I can see it being a disqualification for a period of time. But.. I can't find any information on what the rules might be.

I did find one interesting thing in researching this.. Pizza Factory has come up in conversation here a number of times.. And on the site, under revocations..

320136991-PBW

WESTLAND INVESTMENTS INC

PIZZA FACTORY THE

109 S MAIN ST MAULDIN SC 29662-2513 USA

03-Aug-2017

Now, that could just be in there because they didn't reapply or weren't open.. Pretty sure they closed after August of last year. But, could point to a reason they aren't reopened..

Ok.. So.. Found this after some searching..

An applicant must be 21 years of age, be of good moral character, be a legal resident of the United States and if applying as a sole proprietor, must be a legal resident of South Carolina for 30 days prior to submitting an application to this department.

and

All principals, officers, agents, and employees listed on the license must be over the age of 21 and be of good moral character. A current criminal history background check of not more than 90 days old, on each principal, officer, and employee must accompany this application.

Looks like the "Good Moral Character" part there could be used to deny anyone for most any criminal conviction. Not a fan there.. Pretty blanket statement. Someone has a drug offense from 30 years ago, i'd hope that wouldn't affect them in their application.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:57 PM

6,235 posts, read 18,138,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If it was an alcohol related offense.. Serving to minors or something like that.. I can see it being a disqualification.. Perhaps if it was a recent offense, I can see it being a disqualification for a period of time. But.. I can't find any information on what the rules might be.

I did find one interesting thing in researching this.. Pizza Factory has come up in conversation here a number of times.. And on the site, under revocations..

320136991-PBW

WESTLAND INVESTMENTS INC

PIZZA FACTORY THE

109 S MAIN ST MAULDIN SC 29662-2513 USA

03-Aug-2017

Now, that could just be in there because they didn't reapply or weren't open.. Pretty sure they closed after August of last year. But, could point to a reason they aren't reopened..
Pizza Factory sold out to Little Pigs. Pizza Factory is in the process of remodeling the OLD Pizza Hut building on N Main St in Mauldin.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 1,878 times
Applebees on Woodruff Rd appears to be closed permanently.
Chili's relocating to Simpsonville in August.

Krispy Kreme and Hardees the last one's? Are the buildings being bought out by someone?
Maybe to do with the gateway project?

Old 07-18-2018, 02:37 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,732,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berben View Post

Krispy Kreme and Hardees the last one's? Are the buildings being bought out by someone?
I'm guessing too they may be taking space from Applebee's to the 385 on ramp for a right turn lane with all those businesses closing or relocating.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:52 PM

10,068 posts, read 19,944,222 times
Quote:

I would say no going off the site plan: http://www.85385gateway.com/pdf/2016...rlay118x69.pdf

Old 07-18-2018, 03:13 PM

587 posts, read 688,535 times
The only business I heard that was being impacted by the interchange was Michael's Flooring up by 85, but even that looks intact according to the site plan. Part of reason the interchange will be 4 levels is that its cheaper to do that than acquire the right of way on some of these commercial/industrial properties that around the interchange. That's part of reason improving Woodruff Rd will be so expensive. Everything is built so dang close to the road that doing any sort of improvements may require out right demolition of some businesses.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,746,101 times
Quote:

I noticed the building empty Saturday. My wifes cousin used to work for Applebees corporate, going around opening the new stores, etc. She opened that one in 95. By opening I mean hiring and training employees, making sure the building was ready,stuff like that.

Now that I think about it, seems like they moved up the road to Five Forks, or was that on the sign for another building?

Last edited by UpstateJohn; 07-19-2018 at 05:23 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 06:03 AM

4 posts, read 1,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I noticed the building empty Saturday. My wifes cousin used to work for Applebees corporate, going around opening the new stores, etc. She opened that one in 95. By opening I mean hiring and training employees, making sure the building was ready,stuff like that.

Now that I think about it, seems like they moved up the road to Five Forks, or was that on the sign for another building?
That was Bojangles.

That will make Bojangles, Applebees, and Chilis all closed by mid august. Krispy Kreme and Hardees are left.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:02 AM

19,395 posts, read 17,119,654 times
Default Applebee's, Shops at Woodruff, 1221 Woodruff Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-5737

DineEquity, parent company of Applebee's and IHOP, has been closing underperforming locations. The Applebee's at Shops at Woodruff must have been among the underperforming locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area