U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-22-2018, 05:10 AM
 
Location: Simpsonville, SC
122 posts, read 63,652 times
Reputation: 90

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
They're building the Primrose School of Midtown Greenville in its place.
Midtown? I haven't heard that term used yet. So if Pleasantburg/Haywood is "Midtown", is Woodruff Road then Buckhead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2018, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
10,068 posts, read 19,940,759 times
Reputation: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Midtown? I haven't heard that term used yet. So if Pleasantburg/Haywood is "Midtown", is Woodruff Road then Buckhead?
Gosh, I hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 07:08 AM
 
2,189 posts, read 2,730,972 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Midtown? I haven't heard that term used yet. So if Pleasantburg/Haywood is "Midtown", is Woodruff Road then Buckhead?
I've heard that area referred to as Midtown before by city officials. LOl at Woodruff Rd being Buckhead though. More like the sprawl and strip malls of Gwinnett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2018, 06:57 PM
 
109 posts, read 67,106 times
Reputation: 100
My Aunt is friends with the Owners of the Olive tree. I'll ask her what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2018, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,257 posts, read 3,967,377 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
DineEquity, parent company of Applebee's and IHOP, has been closing underperforming locations. The Applebee's at Shops at Woodruff must have been among the underperforming locations.
I am a bit surprised that was an underperforming location. But I would rather dine there than travel further down congested Woodruff Rd. to either Friday's or Ruby Tuesday. And even if sales were down, they should have waited on Chili's to close nearby and see if they could pick up some of that business. But probably someone in some distant corporate office made that decision based strictly upon numbers and spreadsheets and did not really analyze local conditions. Sales could have improved with Chili's closing.

But with both Chili's and Applebee's soon closed, hopefully some other restaurant will take their place. Would love to see a diner like a Denny's, Shoney's, or better yet a real Big Boy. But we shall see. The old Fatz that became a sports bar still remains vacant down the street. And is the old Perkins that became a Staxx affiliated diner still closed? Some sort of diner should also go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2018, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,257 posts, read 3,967,377 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Doesn't surprise me one bit about Applebees, Last time I ate at one it was like they just microwaved a tv dinner and served it too me. I haven't been back to one since because the experience was so horrible.
I was not aware that quality had declined. I enjoy Ruby Tuesday and the salad bar; I just don't like traveling to that congested location on Woodruff Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,257 posts, read 3,967,377 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berben View Post
That was Bojangles.

That will make Bojangles, Applebees, and Chilis all closed by mid august. Krispy Kreme and Hardees are left.
The Bojangle's closed because they built a new location further down Woodruff Rd. near Five Forks. The Hardee's and Krispy Kreme still perform well and have no plans of closing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2018, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,257 posts, read 3,967,377 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I feel like this would be a good opportunity for Hardee’s to rebuild. The newer one on East Noth Street looks nice.
That Hardee's on Woodruff Rd. was just recently renovated a few years ago with a new design and a new front fascade. And the inside was also repainted and replacement seating installed. It is not yet due a rebuild or renovation. But the East North St. location is an alternate new design that indeed looks nice and has been built since CKE took over. The older Hardee's on Woodruff Rd. was an original design built back when Hardee's was based in NC and owned by Imasco. I can't recall if that particular Hardee's was an original corporate location or was operated by Spartanburg franchise Flagstar, formerly Spartan Food Systems owned by former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. But the new CKE designs for Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2018, 01:46 PM
 
8,161 posts, read 6,011,780 times
Reputation: 10564
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That Hardee's on Woodruff Rd. was just recently renovated a few years ago with a new design and a new front fascade. And the inside was also repainted and replacement seating installed. It is not yet due a rebuild or renovation. But the East North St. location is an alternate new design that indeed looks nice and has been built since CKE took over. The older Hardee's on Woodruff Rd. was an original design built back when Hardee's was based in NC and owned by Imasco. I can't recall if that particular Hardee's was an original corporate location or was operated by Spartanburg franchise Flagstar, formerly Spartan Food Systems owned by former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. But the new CKE designs for Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are very nice.

It was a Flagstar unit. I can't remember the number, but it was. The only 2 that I can remember are both gone.. #5 was the unit at I-85 and Augusta that was lost when the road was redesigned in the 90's and #14 was the N Pleasantburg location beside Wendy's that is (or was) a Title Loan place. E North St could possibly be considered a 'replacement' of sorts for that unit (Though built ~15 years after the original closed down)..

I don't know of any locations in the upstate that were corporate owned while Flagstar was still a franchisee. Greenwood and Anderson (And Hendersonville/Asheville) were not Flagstar, but a different franchisee.. When they switched to Popeye's after the chicken fiasco, CKE built new units in those cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2018, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,257 posts, read 3,967,377 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It was a Flagstar unit. I can't remember the number, but it was. The only 2 that I can remember are both gone.. #5 was the unit at I-85 and Augusta that was lost when the road was redesigned in the 90's and #14 was the N Pleasantburg location beside Wendy's that is (or was) a Title Loan place. E North St could possibly be considered a 'replacement' of sorts for that unit (Though built ~15 years after the original closed down)..

I don't know of any locations in the upstate that were corporate owned while Flagstar was still a franchisee. Greenwood and Anderson (And Hendersonville/Asheville) were not Flagstar, but a different franchisee.. When they switched to Popeye's after the chicken fiasco, CKE built new units in those cities.
When CKE acquired Hardee's they later also bought the former Flagstar franchise locations. At one time Flagstar, formerly Spartan Food Systems based in Spartanburg, was the largest franchisee of Hardee's and was owned by former Carolina Panthers owner jerry Richardson. Flagstar also owned Quincy's and Denny's, but they were also sold when Richardson developed ownership of the Panthers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top