U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 04:11 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,743,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
When CKE acquired Hardee's they later also bought the former Flagstar franchise locations. At one time Flagstar, formerly Spartan Food Systems based in Spartanburg, was the largest franchisee of Hardee's and was owned by former Carolina Panthers owner jerry Richardson. Flagstar also owned Quincy's and Denny's, but they were also sold when Richardson developed ownership of the Panthers.
Does anyone else remember when Flagstar converted the Hardees at the Gallery on Haywood Rd (now Chick-fil-a) to an El Pollo Loco that continued to serve Hardees at breakfast but El Pollo Loco for lunch and dinner?

Flagstar combines 'crazy chicken,' biscuits - News - GoUpstate - Spartanburg, SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 04:41 PM

8,231 posts, read 6,053,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Does anyone else remember when Flagstar converted the Hardees at the Gallery on Haywood Rd (now Chick-fil-a) to an El Pollo Loco that continued to serve Hardees at breakfast but El Pollo Loco for lunch and dinner?

Flagstar combines 'crazy chicken,' biscuits - News - GoUpstate - Spartanburg, SC

Yeah. They converted it back to Hardee's after divesting EPL. Not long afterwards, it was shuttered and then became the Chick-Fil-A

That EPL did CRAZY business. Constantly packed. It was another example of Flagstar shooting themselves in the foot by divesting the well performing businesses while keeping the underperforming.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:07 PM

5,340 posts, read 5,240,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah. They converted it back to Hardee's after divesting EPL. Not long afterwards, it was shuttered and then became the Chick-Fil-A

That EPL did CRAZY business. Constantly packed. It was another example of Flagstar shooting themselves in the foot by divesting the well performing businesses while keeping the underperforming.
My wife loves, loves, loves El Pollo Loco (I do too, but she's nuts about it) and when we took the kids back to LA back in May we had it 3 x's in a week, lol. The food is awesome, but for whatever reason every time they try to venture out of the west coast and southwest they fail. They had 4 in Atlanta a few years ago, but went out of business, same with NJ and up north, yet in Cali, Az, Nevada and Texas to a lesser extent, they're packed. I don't get it.

https://www.elpolloloco.com/our-food/

Old 07-27-2018, 04:21 PM

9,356 posts, read 11,280,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
My wife loves, loves, loves El Pollo Loco (I do too, but she's nuts about it) and when we took the kids back to LA back in May we had it 3 x's in a week, lol. The food is awesome, but for whatever reason every time they try to venture out of the west coast and southwest they fail. They had 4 in Atlanta a few years ago, but went out of business, same with NJ and up north, yet in Cali, Az, Nevada and Texas to a lesser extent, they're packed. I don't get it.

https://www.elpolloloco.com/our-food/
I LOVE El Pollo Loco! (which means crazy for chicken, lol!) and they had them in Vegas but I have not seen them here.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I LOVE El Pollo Loco! (which means crazy for chicken, lol!) and they had them in Vegas but I have not seen them here.

So far as I know, that one on Haywood was the only one in the Southeast, at least at the time. It was a pilot location testing out Flagstar running a quasi 'dual branded' location.

The City Range Steakhouse there was also a Flagstar concept when it opened. If my memory serves.. That building was a Quincy's that they converted to the City Range concept.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Actually the literal translation is the crazy chicken

Old 07-28-2018, 09:32 AM

9,356 posts, read 11,280,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Actually the literal translation is the crazy chicken
Yes. I was saying how I feel "crazy for chicken."

Old 07-28-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Yes. I was saying how I feel "crazy for chicken."
Ah, gotcha. me too, I could eat it everyday and usually do .lol

Old 08-02-2018, 06:55 AM

308 posts, read 376,986 times
Chick-Fil-A on 276 is now temporary closed to allow them time to switch everything over to the new location next door. Sign says see you all in September, so I guess the new location will be opening up then.

Last edited by Coastermaster83; 08-02-2018 at 07:10 AM..

Old 08-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Chick-Fil-A on 276 is now temporary closed to allow them time to switch everything over to the new location next door. Sign says see you all in September, so I guess the new location will be opening up then.

I wonder if they'll do their "First 100 people" thing there.. It's not technically a new location I wouldn't think but it is also not a remodel like what's been done with Simpsonville and Cherrydale(?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area