U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 10:32 AM

2,103 posts, read 1,880,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Funny how some of these restaurants (Chiliís and Beef Jerky Outlet) are starting to move elsewhere. I guess Woodruff Road isnít what it used to be.
I think the traffic congestion is bad for restaurants, in particular. I decided to eat at a restaurant on Woodruff Road last week at lunch because I happened to be driving by on the Interstate. It took at least 15 minutes to go a few hundred yards down Woodruff Road to get into the restaurant parking lot. Traffic backed up to turn into the shopping center with Whole Foods was particularly bad at that time. Reminded me why I rarely go to any of the businesses over there.

We do a lot of our shopping in Anderson even though it is a bit further away than Woodruff Road for us. The traffic on Clemson Blvd. in Anderson is bad but it does at least move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 11:15 AM

593 posts, read 699,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Funny how some of these restaurants (Chili’s and Beef Jerky Outlet) are starting to move elsewhere. I guess Woodruff Road isn’t what it used to be.

Beef Jerky Outlet always seemed like an odd fit for Magnolia Park. Tiny niche store in a sea of big box stores. Seems like a store that would benefit from from the foot traffic that a mall provides. Their loyal customers will still seek them out in a mall.

The bojangles move makes sense. That location needed a tear down and rebuild. It probably also had some of its business cannibalized when they opened the location on E. Butler a few years ago. Moving probably made a lot more sense. The relocation of Chili's could be a similar move.

Restaurant business is notorious for failures so it can be hard to read to much into Fresh to Order, Freddy's, Tijuana flats etc all closing as well. Some restaurants just don't stick in some areas. That being said I agree with Vol that traffic has reached the point on Woodruff where it has become an active deterrent for people not to frequent businesses. If all your looking to do is get a bite eat than traffic can easily become a deciding factor. That certainly been the case for me. I live in Five Forks & work from home. I generally won't venture much past Feaster/Holland Rd just to eat out anymore.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:50 PM

13 posts, read 4,147 times
We live in Mauldin so most places we go is a straight across Woodruff trip if possible. We'll go down Butler, Smith Hinds or Verdae usually although some days Verdae backs up if you want to go right to Costco or Chuys. I can't wait until they finish the parallel road that looks like it's going to tie in to Verdae and Old Sulphur Springs.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 PM

481 posts, read 232,381 times
Have you ever heard the phrase "its so busy that nobody goes there anymore". That describes Woodruff Road perfectly!

Old 10-22-2018, 06:37 PM

150 posts, read 109,681 times
Since most seem to think Woodruff Rd is in some kind of decline, I guess we don't need to spend one dime on Fix Woodruff Rd.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:49 AM

149 posts, read 250,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Ha, my buddy said the exact same thing when we pulled into the parking lot. He said "how did Babazikis and fresh to order go out of business but beef jerky outlet still in business"? lol
Sophiasmommy - this wasn't hard to predict:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I noticed Beef Jerky Outlet is open at Haywood Mall now. Did the Magnolia Park location relocate?
Yeah. Looking at their Facebook page, the Magnolia Park location closed on October 1st.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:56 PM

13 posts, read 4,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
Since most seem to think Woodruff Rd is in some kind of decline, I guess we don't need to spend one dime on Fix Woodruff Rd.
Everything they've fixed in the past wasn't enough so I have my doubts about this latest fix.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:45 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,735,531 times
Does anyone know why the local Complete Nutrition stores closed? They were always busy when I visited them and they did a lot of advertising on 105.5.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:28 PM

2,856 posts, read 1,382,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Does anyone know why the local Complete Nutrition stores closed? They were always busy when I visited them and they did a lot of advertising on 105.5.
Don't know about them specifically but in general the vitamins/wellness brick & mortar retail stores in US haven't been performing well. GNC announced 200 stores closing(US & Canada) earlier this year (did plan on opening a limited number of new stores though), Vitamin World went bankrupt late last year. But apparently the booming wellness sector has just moved to the online marketplace along with increasing competition from multiple outlets trying to cash in on 'wellness'.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:09 PM

593 posts, read 699,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berben View Post
Teakoon Noodle appears to have closed. They were located near publix at five forks. This was kind of our go to chinese please very surprised. They were there for a long time.

Well looks like the nail place next door closed as well. That leaves that entire side of the Five Forks Publix shopping center vacant. Pure speculation on my part here, but I don't think Teakoon or the nail place actually went out of business. I'm guessing something larger is going in that will occupy all the vacant spaces and the property owner refused to renew the leases for Teakoon and the nail place. Hopefully it will be something worthwhile and not a another dentist office or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area