U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-04-2019, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Upstate
6,380 posts, read 7,185,449 times
Reputation: 5041

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
So. I walked into Kmart yesterday (had a medical appt down the street) and the store was empty of customers. I wanted to see if there were any bargains. Not one sign up about closing...Only one employee at the desk and no customers. I asked the lady about the closing and she did not seem to want to talk about it. She did not know when they were closing (according to the news, end of December)
Looks like just a normal day at Kmart then.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2019, 07:35 AM
 
3,327 posts, read 3,821,727 times
Reputation: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Looks like just a normal day at Kmart then.
LOL Yes.

You aren't going to get any deals when a liquidation sale first starts anyway. They start out with small percentages off the full price and slowly increase the discount over weeks and months sometimes. They get as much as they can out of it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2019, 06:14 PM
 
15,139 posts, read 13,810,929 times
Reputation: 9303
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnret04 View Post
looks like just a normal day at kmart then.
Lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
10,920 posts, read 21,728,773 times
Reputation: 3014
Fred’s to close all stores.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 03:08 PM
 
11,326 posts, read 8,776,722 times
Reputation: 14649
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Fred’s to close all stores.

Not any real surprise, is it? Writing has been on the wall.

I didn't realize how many had already closed. This is the list of stores left in SC


South Carolina
311 EAST MAIN ST, Andrews, SC 29510
3606 MAIN ST., Bamberg, SC 29003
401 S ALABAMA AVE, Chesnee, SC 29323
2544 HWY 25 SOUTH, Greenwood, SC 29646
518 E GREER ST, Honea Path, SC 29654
198 STUCKEY ST., Johnsonville, SC 29555
405 S. HAMPTON STREET, Kershaw, SC 29067
480 NELSON BLVD, Kingstree, SC 29556
437 NORTH MAIN ST, Saluda, SC 29138
181 WEST CAROLINA AVE, Varnville, SC 29944


I know the Honea Path Bi-Lo has had signs out front of "Welcome Fred's Pharmacy Customers".. I saw that the Hodges store had closed.. But didn't realize that Woodruff and Clinton had been caught up in the earlier round of closings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 04:17 PM
 
3,327 posts, read 3,821,727 times
Reputation: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post




I know the Honea Path Bi-Lo has had signs out front of "Welcome Fred's Pharmacy Customers".. I saw that the Hodges store had closed.. But didn't realize that Woodruff and Clinton had been caught up in the earlier round of closings.
I saw on the news the Fred's pharmacy in Ware Shoals near Honea Path closed back in August leaving the elderly in that small town with no pharmacy. That may have been what that sign at Bi-Lo in HP was about recently . Funny thing is the prescriptions were transferred to CVS though from what I read.

Last edited by vistatiger; 09-09-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 04:31 PM
 
11,326 posts, read 8,776,722 times
Reputation: 14649
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I saw on the news the Fred's pharmacy in Ware Shoals near Honea Path closed back in August leaving the elderly in that small town with no pharmacy. That may have been what that sign at Bi-Lo in HP was about recently . Funny thing is the prescriptions were transferred to CVS though from what I read.

I just assumed that the Fred's in Honea Path had a pharmacy that had closed.

Yeah.. Looking at streetview, back in 2013, the Fred's sign there in Honea Path has a "Pharmacy" below it.. That has been blacked out now. So, apparently, they kept the store open, but closed the pharmacy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 03:10 AM
 
15,139 posts, read 13,810,929 times
Reputation: 9303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Not any real surprise, is it? Writing has been on the wall.

I didn't realize how many had already closed. This is the list of stores left in SC


South Carolina
311 EAST MAIN ST, Andrews, SC 29510
3606 MAIN ST., Bamberg, SC 29003
401 S ALABAMA AVE, Chesnee, SC 29323
2544 HWY 25 SOUTH, Greenwood, SC 29646
518 E GREER ST, Honea Path, SC 29654
198 STUCKEY ST., Johnsonville, SC 29555
405 S. HAMPTON STREET, Kershaw, SC 29067
480 NELSON BLVD, Kingstree, SC 29556
437 NORTH MAIN ST, Saluda, SC 29138
181 WEST CAROLINA AVE, Varnville, SC 29944


I know the Honea Path Bi-Lo has had signs out front of "Welcome Fred's Pharmacy Customers".. I saw that the Hodges store had closed.. But didn't realize that Woodruff and Clinton had been caught up in the earlier round of closings.
Wasn't there a Fred's in Williamston?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 05:37 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,917 posts, read 2,999,953 times
Reputation: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Fred’s to close all stores.
This announced several weeks ago? My mother in law had been stopping at the one in Clinton for sevral weeks getting deals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 07:49 AM
 
2,761 posts, read 2,536,402 times
Reputation: 2093
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Wasn't there a Fred's in Williamston?
Yes - it was kind of between Williamston and Pelzer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top