U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
 
5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times
Reputation: 2647

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I doubt it would be a relocation as both locations, Thornblade and Taylors, are far apart. The newly opened store in Taylors replaces an older location down on Wade Hampton Boulevard, near Publix, which closed in 2009.

Maybe Monterrey at Thornblade may be closed for remodeling?
Just an FYI, I don't consider Suber Rd./Wade Hampton Rd. "Taylors". That is Greer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
 
2,188 posts, read 2,727,076 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Just an FYI, I don't consider Suber Rd./Wade Hampton Rd. "Taylors". That is Greer.
I agree and the Monterreys at Thornblade vs. the new one on Wade Hampton are really only a few miles apart taking the back route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM
 
5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I agree and the Monterreys at Thornblade vs. the new one on Wade Hampton are really only a few miles apart taking the back route.
Yup, Batesville Rd. to Suber/Wade Hampton is less than 5 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,380 posts, read 17,079,986 times
Reputation: 4903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Just an FYI, I don't consider Suber Rd./Wade Hampton Rd. "Taylors". That is Greer.
Suber Road is the dividing line between Taylors and Greer. Everything east of Suber Road is Greer, thus noting US-29 as West Wade Hampton Boulevard. Everything west of Suber Road is Taylors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I agree and the Monterreys at Thornblade vs. the new one on Wade Hampton are really only a few miles apart taking the back route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yup, Batesville Rd. to Suber/Wade Hampton is less than 5 miles
Both areas are a couple miles apart, but are very distinct and service different clienteles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 PM
 
5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Suber Road is the dividing line between Taylors and Greer. Everything east of Suber Road is Greer, thus noting US-29 as West Wade Hampton Boulevard. Everything west of Suber Road is Taylors.





Both areas are a couple miles apart, but are very distinct and service different clienteles.
What? Since there really is no "Taylors" how on earth can their be a "dividing line"? You do realize that there is no city called "Taylors", correct? You will not be able to find a Taylors City Hall, Taylors PD, Taylors FD, etc. That's because there is no such city called Taylors. Since no such city exists, it's absurd to give something that doesn't exist borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,380 posts, read 17,079,986 times
Reputation: 4903
Taylors is a CDP extending westwardly from Lee Road eastwardly to Suber Road. Taylors is served by the Taylors Fire and Sewer District. Taylors has one, if not the largest, Southern Baptist congregations in Greenville County, Taylors First Baptist.

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 09-06-2012 at 09:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
 
2,188 posts, read 2,727,076 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Suber Road is the dividing line between Taylors and Greer. Everything east of Suber Road is Greer, thus noting US-29 as West Wade Hampton Boulevard. Everything west of Suber Road is Taylors.





Both areas are a couple miles apart, but are very distinct and service different clienteles.

But you said a few posts back that they were far apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 AM
 
5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Taylors is a CDP extending westwardly from Lee Road eastwardly to Suber Road. Taylors is served by the Taylors Fire and Sewer District. Taylors has one, if not the largest, Southern Baptist congregations in Greenville County, Taylors First Baptist.
It's still not a city. Having a large church doesn't make it one. It is an "area" in Greenville County and it's plain silly to have "borders" for a non existent city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,380 posts, read 17,079,986 times
Reputation: 4903
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
But you said a few posts back that they were far apart.
They are far apart. Even a few miles separation unveils massive distinction between two areas. In this case, Thornblade and Taylors, or Greer, are two distinct areas. Any area will have the similar residences, businesses, eateries, professionals, etc. Areas far apart, even a couple miles, will yield different customer bases dependent on the area being served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
 
868 posts, read 928,737 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What? Since there really is no "Taylors" how on earth can their be a "dividing line"? You do realize that there is no city called "Taylors", correct? You will not be able to find a Taylors City Hall, Taylors PD, Taylors FD, etc. That's because there is no such city called Taylors. Since no such city exists, it's absurd to give something that doesn't exist borders.
People and businesses there get mail addressed to "Taylors, SC 29687", not Greenville or Greer. It has its own post office and fire department. That's good enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top