U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM

19,383 posts, read 17,088,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crh9999999 View Post
Anyone know what's going on with booksamillion on Laurens road. Got a weird email from them and store is now closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
How weird? What did it say? The store is listed on the website tonight.
Books-a-Million's closing is no surprise. It has not been able to compete against two Barnes & Noble stores and saw business go elsewhere from its Laurens Road store.

I have heard the Harbinson Boulevard location in Columbia was converting to 2nd & Charles, a banner for used books and music. I do not know if that is going on in Greenville, or if the lease has expired and Books-a-Million is not renewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 PM

2,188 posts, read 2,728,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Books-a-Million's closing is no surprise. It has not been able to compete against two Barnes & Noble stores and saw business go elsewhere from its Laurens Road store.

I have heard the Harbinson Boulevard location in Columbia was converting to 2nd & Charles, a banner for used books and music. I do not know if that is going on in Greenville, or if the lease has expired and Books-a-Million is not renewing.

If they are smart they would move away from the two B&Ns on that side of town and open a store in another part of town like Wade Hampton (Taylors/Greer),Cherrydale or Easley where they would have less competition.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM

667 posts, read 844,274 times
Calling the number for the Greenville Books-A-Million, I reached this message: "Your number cannot be completed as dialed, Please check the number and dial again."

Someone I know who was a frequent customer there was told that a used book store is scheduled to open in that location sometime during December. When one door closes, another one opens...

Old 10-24-2013, 11:03 AM

5,489 posts, read 6,213,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
Calling the number for the Greenville Books-A-Million, I reached this message: "Your number cannot be completed as dialed, Please check the number and dial again."

Someone I know who was a frequent customer there was told that a used book store is scheduled to open in that location sometime during December. When one door closes, another one opens...
That wouldn't be good for Mr. K's which is just up the road in the Bi-Lo shopping center.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:58 PM

19,383 posts, read 17,088,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
If they are smart they would move away from the two B&Ns on that side of town and open a store in another part of town like Wade Hampton (Taylors/Greer),Cherrydale or Easley where they would have less competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post

Books-a-Million's Greenville location is still listed on their website in addition to Columbia's Harbinson Boulevard location, now a Second & Charles. Maybe their website is not being updated as it should be.

Books-a-Million has an Anderson location, now at Anderson Mall. Though the only store in town, I wonder if changes are in store for that location.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:48 PM

631 posts, read 877,619 times
Officially closed - Upstate Books-A-Million store closes | Greenville News - WYFF Home

Old 10-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
2nd & Charles is hiring for that location.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 PM

667 posts, read 844,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
As everyone knows, it isn't "official" until the Greenville Snooze gets around to reporting it.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM

John Paul's Armadillo Oil Company is closing Nov. 9.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM

8,144 posts, read 6,002,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
John Paul's Armadillo Oil Company is closing Nov. 9.
Saw that... Ate there a few weeks ago.. Wasn't massively impressed. I had been there several years ago and it was much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area