Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I noticed that Consign and Design on Augusta St. is now gone, which I believe leaves that whole strip mall empty?

Is the strip mall for sale? Sold? Anybody know what's up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Is the the one at Faris Road? If so then it is going to be torn down for a CVS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Yeah, it's on Augusta and Faris. I heard that CVS rumor years ago. When is something going to actually happen? That mall looks awful. The awnings are ripped, it's dated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Isn't Firehouse Subs still in there? That is the old center that had Cheers in it, right?

I noticed today that the building beside Sherwin Williams on Augusta had been demolished. Looks very.. Odd.. Now.

Don't know if they're planning on constructing something new there or what. They had been demoing it for about 4 or 5 months.. I could only guess there was some massive environmental (meaning asbestos) problem with the old building or something.. But, if that was the case, you'd think Sherwin Williams and the one next door would have the same issue.
CVS #3380 is relocating out of McDaniel Village into a freestanding store across from Walgreen's.

The new location should be on the site adjacent to Moe's Southwest Grill. Seeing how Alpine Ski Center has relocated to Orchard Park Drive and Corona Mexican Restaurant possibly relocating, the new location for CVS may have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 03:41 PM

453 posts, read 646,874 times
I think Polar Eclipse in Simpsonville might be closed. Their Facebook page appears to have been taken down, and the Open/Closed sign with their printed hours is down. They were open just a couple days ago, though!

If that's the case, it's a little sad to see them go, but they always seemed to be closed whenever I'd try to go there.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 08-20-2014 at 04:16 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 09:38 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
If that's the case, it's a little sad to see them go, but they always seemed to be closed whenever I'd try to go there.
I went by there today, but.. Like you said, it is closed so much, I didn't even glance over to notice whether it was open or not.

That location is mildly cursed. Been about 4 or 5 different yogurt/ice cream stores there and none of them have really done anything. I asked one time, when it was Blueberry Frog, whether they got alot of foot traffic from the people at Panera next door.. They said not really.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 PM

503 posts, read 693,198 times
Panera needs to just take over the spot and be finished with that sad turnaround of places.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 PM

I noticed that Firehouse Subs on Pelham (Next to Golden Chick) is gone.. And North Hills Automotive at the intersection of E North and Pelham is gone as well.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I noticed that Firehouse Subs on Pelham (Next to Golden Chick) is gone.. And North Hills Automotive at the intersection of E North and Pelham is gone as well.
Firehouse Subs has relocated to The Promenade at Haywood, located at 765 Haywood Road Suite B-3, Greenville, SC 29607-2772. I thought this would be an additional location, but the relocation will definitely get more business.

As for North Hills Automotive, Pelham Road at East North Street is its original location. It has been used for mostly car sales in recent years. I wonder if it is getting out of sales completely to focus solely on service.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 PM

Polar Express in Simpsonville is OPEN. At least, they were today @ 7:30pm when I went by.

There is a hand written sign on the door.. What it says, couldn't tell you.. Going by at 40 mph it was a little tough to try to read.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 4,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Not sure when this happened, but I just noticed that Mauldin Fine Foods (in Mauldin, of course) has closed for good.
I know this is old, but no one responded definitely. Yes, Mauldin Fine Foods moved in the opposite end of the shopping center from Bi-Lo on West Butler. It is now Mauldin Burgers and Gyros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Did that restaurant operate under a different name before 1995? Seems like you could get a cheeseburger plate there long before 1995.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would assume so. That building dates back to the late 1960's to the early 1970's.

I think you could get chicken next door decades ago. The adjacent building was identical to older Kentucky Fried Chicken stores.
The building is from the early 70s. I think the original was Weiner King. I know for sure it was there from yearbook ads mid 70s. May have been something else prior, seem to recall someone talking recently about something else being there originally. I was gone from town 1984 - 2006, seems like there was another Drive In type restaurant in there for a while. And yes, KFC was there until they moved to West Butler due to access issues when they redesigned the intersection.

Last edited by phonograf; 08-31-2014 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: KN

Old 08-31-2014, 10:29 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonograf View Post
I know this is old, but no one responded definitely. Yes, Mauldin Fine Foods moved in the opposite end of the shopping center from Bi-Lo on West Butler. It is now Mauldin Burgers and Gyros.

The building is from the early 70s. I think the original was Weiner King. I know for sure it was there from yearbook ads mid 70s. May have been something else prior, seem to recall someone talking recently about something else being there originally. I was gone from town 1984 - 2006, seems like there was another Drive In type restaurant in there for a while. And yes, KFC was there until they moved to West Butler due to access issues when they redesigned the intersection.
I thought KFC was between Wendy's and the old gas station at the corner where Walgreen's is now when we moved here in 2003! Are you saying KFC used to be in the old Mauldin Fine Foods location? Seems strange they'd move that many times in the same city.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I thought KFC was between Wendy's and the old gas station at the corner where Walgreen's is now when we moved here in 2003! Are you saying KFC used to be in the old Mauldin Fine Foods location? Seems strange they'd move that many times in the same city.
That is correct. It was its second Mauldin location before relocating westward on West Butler Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area