U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 02:02 PM

148 posts, read 177,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
That's a great location for a restaurant - I thought Tablefields (although a great concept) was inconsistent.
Bar Louie is replacing it. Should be open in December!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 10:08 PM

128 posts, read 141,074 times
Pasta House in Simpsonville is closing:

On their FB page tonight: "To our loyal customers ,We at the Pasta house want to thank you for all your support over the last 8 years, but unfortunately due to economical struggles we have decided to close our doors. Our last day will be Tuesday November 25th So please join us these last 2 weeks and get your favorite pasta house dish before we are gone !!! Thank you again John & Lia"

Old 11-11-2014, 08:31 PM
jac

382 posts, read 856,891 times
Papa Murphy's closed their Five Forks location yesterday.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:29 PM

308 posts, read 375,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Cant say I didn't see that coming. They were good but they didn't have a good road presents to know they were there and they were always selling 5 buck pies and that cant be good for business unless your little ceasers.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:52 AM

148 posts, read 177,339 times
Has anyone heard about Nevada Bobs closing? I stopped by after I heard yesterday and the lights were off and it said closed but everything was still in there? Strange to be closed on a Tuesday afternoon?

Old 11-12-2014, 08:35 AM

19,394 posts, read 17,110,488 times
Default Papa Murphy's, 2603 Woodruff Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29681-4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Cant say I didn't see that coming. They were good but they didn't have a good road presents to know they were there and they were always selling 5 buck pies and that cant be good for business unless your little ceasers.
The market may be over saturated with carryout and delivery only pizza chains. Carryout chains like Little Caesar's are doing well because they have pizza cooked and ready to go at similar prices. Delivery chains are adding onto delivery fees to compensate their drivers for fuel expenses and competitive wages, and they are limiting their delivery areas.

Interest in dine-in pizza chains remains strong.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:45 AM

19,394 posts, read 17,110,488 times
Default Nevada Bob's Golf Greenville, McAlister Marketplace, 1570 Laurens Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleCityGirl View Post
Has anyone heard about Nevada Bobs closing? I stopped by after I heard yesterday and the lights were off and it said closed but everything was still in there? Strange to be closed on a Tuesday afternoon?
Nevada Bob's Golf Greenville has been open Monday through Friday from 900 to 1800 (9 am to 6 pm) and Saturday from 900 to 1700 (9 am to 5 pm).

Yesterday was Veterans' Day. I am unaware of any businesses that close that specific day in honor of veterans.

Golfsmith #127, located at Magnolia Park, 1025 Woodruff Road Suite F103, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-4132, has created strong competition and took away business.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 AM

146 posts, read 245,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
They were great for those times when you had a planned event with access to an oven and wanted to have your pies ahead of time, but that doesn't happen often and agree the road presence was not good. On a side note there sure are a lot of pizza options in the Five Forks area. Napoli, Olympian, Bova, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Tonys, and Frankies on the way. All of these within about a .3 mile radius.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:49 PM

308 posts, read 375,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
They were great for those times when you had a planned event with access to an oven and wanted to have your pies ahead of time, but that doesn't happen often and agree the road presence was not good. On a side note there sure are a lot of pizza options in the Five Forks area. Napoli, Olympian, Bova, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Tonys, and Frankies on the way. All of these within about a .3 mile radius.
Yeah and just a few miles more down the road is now hungry howies.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 AM

585 posts, read 1,155,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertmm View Post
Pasta House in Simpsonville is closing:

On their FB page tonight: "To our loyal customers ,We at the Pasta house want to thank you for all your support over the last 8 years, but unfortunately due to economical struggles we have decided to close our doors. Our last day will be Tuesday November 25th So please join us these last 2 weeks and get your favorite pasta house dish before we are gone !!! Thank you again John & Lia"
OH NO!!!!
That makes me sad. They had such good food, and I was hoping that they would make it. For economic reasons, they had to stop the free dessert and coffee with meals. I was bummed about that, but the food was so good and the portions were so generous it didn't stop me.
That little restaurant was a hole-in-the-wall, but a hidden gem.
I hope that they can start a new restaurant in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area