Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 05:07 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,275 times

Advertisements

While not retail, word in the ad industry is that The Bounce Agency has closed. This will put an entire floor of office space back on the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
While not retail, word in the ad industry is that The Bounce Agency has closed. This will put an entire floor of office space back on the market.
They haven't decided whether to close or not yet. They only have seven employees currently so it wouldn't be a huge loss. One floor of office space in an office market as large as downtown Greenville won't cause the Class A vacancy rate to even budge upward thankfully. In fact, it's been dropping over the last few years and continues to do so.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They haven't decided whether to close or not yet. They only have seven employees currently so it wouldn't be a huge loss. One floor of office space in an office market as large as downtown Greenville won't cause the Class A vacancy rate to even budge upward thankfully. In fact, it's been dropping over the last few years and continues to do so.
Last I heard this afternoon was that they closed, you may have more recent information. In any case, this agency has been going down for a while. At one time, it was a decent sized agency, roughly 70+ employees. I agree, one floor in a building this size is not a lot of space.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Last I heard this afternoon was that they closed, you may have more recent information. In any case, this agency has been going down for a while. At one time, it was a decent sized agency, roughly 70+ employees. I agree, one floor in a building this size is not a lot of space.
They're looking at either closing or reorganizing into another form according to this story that came out today from the Greenville News: Bounce Agency CEO considering whether to close, reorganize | The Greenville News | GreenvilleOnline.com And yes they have been going downhill for a while. Once they lost Carolina First and The Cliffs Communities as customers, they began to sink sadly.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
The Spartanburg "desert" on Garner Road you mention has a CVS right next door to the Food Lion and a RiteAid a block or so away.
This area was never a desert of grocers and drugstores.

Winn Dixie had a store on Garner Road at McMillan Drive, now Mr. Gatti's. The store relocated to Springfield Road at Asheville Highway around 1995, and remained open until Winn Dixie's market exit in 2005.

Bi-Lo had its old Whitney Road store before moving across Beaumont Avenue to its Chesnee Highway store in the early 1990s. That store rebranded as Food$mart, and closed in 2009.

I think another supermarket existed at Pinewood Shopping Center in the space occupied by Anna's Linens. I think it was a Colonial.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They're looking at either closing or reorganizing into another form according to this story that came out today from the Greenville News: Bounce Agency CEO considering whether to close, reorganize | The Greenville News | GreenvilleOnline.com And yes they have been going downhill for a while. Once they lost Carolina First and The Cliffs Communities as customers, they began to sink sadly.
What he did not say is that up until recently, they had a larger staff than 7. Rumor in the industry is that they will lose the state tourism account as well. On another subject, since it was mentioned, how are The Cliffs doing?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
Quote:
Just as in other industries, while one business fails for whatever reason, others in the same market continue to thrive. Examples include Erwin Penland, Jackson Marketing Group, and Brains On Fire. With the recent addition of another awesome production company in Photoelectric (2012 demo reel), I see very little reason to worry about the marketing/advertising industry here.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
What he did not say is that up until recently, they had a larger staff than 7. Rumor in the industry is that they will lose the state tourism account as well. On another subject, since it was mentioned, how are The Cliffs doing?
Yep...they had 50+ employees just a few years ago. Not really sure how The Cliffs is doing at the present time. There have been struggles within the company over the last few years though as you can see in this article: http://www.golfcommunityreviews.com/...prospects.html With the loan along with housing market and economy doing better, i'm hoping their homes start selling well again if they aren't already.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Just saw this on the web:

Buffets Restaurants Holdings Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for a second time and plans to shut 81 underperforming restaurants as it tries to cope with its debt.

The company, based in Eagan, Minn., operates 494 restaurants in 38 states under names such as Old Country Buffet, HomeTown Buffet, Ryan's and Tahoe Joe's Famous Steakhouse restaurant.

Buffets Restaurants seeks bankruptcy protection - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57361376/buffets-restaurants-seeks-bankruptcy-protection/ - broken link)

Wonder if they'll close that gawd awful Ryans on Wade Hampton, or at least restructure it to make it better if they keep it open.

They wonder why they're doing bad - I doubt anyone in the company actually tastes the food they serve there? If they did, they'd know why they're underperforming!

Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Just saw this on the web:

Buffets Restaurants Holdings Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for a second time and plans to shut 81 underperforming restaurants as it tries to cope with its debt.

The company, based in Eagan, Minn., operates 494 restaurants in 38 states under names such as Old Country Buffet, HomeTown Buffet, Ryan's and Tahoe Joe's Famous Steakhouse restaurant.

Buffets Restaurants seeks bankruptcy protection - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57361376/buffets-restaurants-seeks-bankruptcy-protection/ - broken link)

Wonder if they'll close that gawd awful Ryans on Wade Hampton, or at least restructure it to make it better if they keep it open.

They wonder why they're doing bad - I doubt anyone in the company actually tastes the food they serve there? If they did, they'd know why they're underperforming!
I miss the old Western Sizzlin style restaurants where you could get a simple steak and potato with a nice salad bar. Someone should really bring that concept back as a lower cost alternative to Outback, Lonestar etc. Ryans was a great mid price steak house at one time. They are just trying to do to many things these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area