Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 04:15 PM

272 posts, read 324,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I agree. Never liked the Sonny's chain food BBQ when there are so many good independent BBQ places in this area.

I would imagine Big Clock Powdersville is like it's sister restaurant in Berea with an extensive meat and 2/3 menu as well as the traditional American/Greek/Italian fare. Same Owners.

I would think Powdersville could use more fast casual chains like Chili's and Applebee's. One of those seafood restaurants like Silver Bay would probably do well too.
Well, with BelAire Grill, Shane's Rib Shack, Nagoya Sushi, and Antonio's Pizza & Pasta all coming to the Shops at Center Pointe (next to Chick-fil-A), we'll certainly have a few more options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 07:40 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,256,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
Well, with BelAire Grill, Shane's Rib Shack, Nagoya Sushi, and Antonio's Pizza & Pasta all coming to the Shops at Center Pointe (next to Chick-fil-A), we'll certainly have a few more options.
Are those all announced? The only sign I've noticed is for "BelAire Grill". It will be nice to have some additional dining options.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:42 AM

12 posts, read 23,682 times
Default Seneca KMART Closing

They just announced to the employees that the Seneca SC Kmart will be closing.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 AM

21,003 posts, read 26,990,956 times
I do not know if any of the two Greenville County Kmart stores are closing. Affected Kmart stores that have closed are usually in direct competition with Walmart Supercenter hypermarkets. The remaining Kmart discount department stores in Greenville County are in trade areas without direct competition.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:04 AM

1,841 posts, read 2,740,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not know if any of the two Greenville County Kmart stores are closing. Affected Kmart stores that have closed are usually in direct competition with Walmart Supercenter hypermarkets. The remaining Kmart discount department stores in Greenville County are in trade areas without direct competition.
I checked out the Mauldin KMart recently, and noted that even with the storewide sales, they are hiring and popular items are being restocked.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:40 AM

21,003 posts, read 26,990,956 times
Default Kmart #7274, Mauldin Square, 129 West Butler Road, Mauldin, South Carolina 29662-2534

I do not know if Kmart #7274 is taking on whatever products they can from their distribution center and if it is hiring associates short-term to set the store up for possible closure.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:23 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,376,429 times
Part of Anderson's Kmart is going redeveloped into Burlington Coat Factory. Don't know what the rest of the building will be. I hope Seneca's gets redeveloped too, instead sitting empty and ugly.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:01 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,908,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchad View Post
They just announced to the employees that the Seneca SC Kmart will be closing.
Yep Seneca and Summerville on the latest list today for SC as well as the lone remaining Sears in Columbia. Mauldin and Church St. spared ...... at least for now it looks like.

Sears is closing 72 stores ? here's the full list - Business Insider

Old 06-06-2017, 09:18 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,115,629 times
I stopped at the Kmart in Mauldin today after visiting a friend who lives down the street and it definitely looks, and feels, like it's going out of business. Racks, and shelves are empty, inventory blowout signs are all over. And yet, as mentioned by bikeoid, signs of them hiring are on the door. They have closed the entrance to the garden department, so you have to go through the main entrance. EVERYTHING is on sale in the store. I can't remark about how the overall store appears, but from the front door to the garden department, it looks pretty sad.

I did find one hosta that was okay - the others look pretty drab and are getting sun burn. I guess they don't realize that hosta's require part/full shade. They have them right out baking in the hot sun. I was lucky to find one being shaded by the others around it.

I really never went to Kmart much - over the years it's declined, even when they did a so-called overhaul, it still felt old, and out dated. I don't live anywhere near Mauldin, or the GVL store, so if they close, for me at least, it won't be a store I miss. Just the loss of jobs for those who work there is what matters.

But hey, maybe they aren't closing - at least, not right now.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,256,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yep Seneca and Summerville on the latest list today for SC as well as the lone remaining Sears in Columbia. Mauldin and Church St. spared ...... at least for now it looks like.

Sears is closing 72 stores ? here's the full list - Business Insider
I guess getting warranty replacements for Craftsman tools in Columbia is going to be difficult now. How many more years before they completely close both chains?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area