Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 11:22 AM

15 posts, read 41,399 times

Advertisements

Went by there today for lunch and there's a for sale sign on the window and the inside is empty. I loved this place! So sad to see it go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Where is Piggly Wiggly in the Upstate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
they have one in greenwood, ninety six, ware shoals, mostly very rural towns, they closed down a few last year I believe
Piggly Wiggly has 4 locations in Greenwood County and 1 in Saluda County.

Piggly Wiggly had locations in Spartanburg County, Cowpens and Pacolet, both former Community Cash locations. They closed about two years ago, and left food deserts in those areas.

Quote:
I went to stop at jack in the box in easley(hwy 123) this morning, the dining room is gutted and no lights, anyone know if they are closed for good or just remodeling?
Jack in the Box still lists the Easley location on its website. If it has closed for good, it takes a few days to update its closure on the website. Eight upstate locations closed in 2010, which were among 40 that closed nationwide.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:00 PM

176 posts, read 242,866 times
Quote:
I went to stop at jack in the box in easley(hwy 123) this morning, the dining room is gutted and no lights, anyone know if they are closed for good or just remodeling?
It's still listed on the Jack in the Box website, but if there's nothing left inside the dining room but the walls and floor, it's probably closed for good.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Jack in the Box still lists the Easley location on its website. If it has closed for good, it takes a few days to update its closure on the website. Eight upstate locations closed in 2010, which were among 40 that closed nationwide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZetro View Post
It's still listed on the Jack in the Box website, but if there's nothing left inside the dining room but the walls and floor, it's probably closed for good.
Jack in the Box has very good Ultimate Cheeseburgers!

I hate to say some Jack in the Box locations were lacking severely in service and cleanliness. The Easley location may have been one of them.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:45 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Jack in the Box has very good Ultimate Cheeseburgers!

I hate to say some Jack in the Box locations were lacking severely in service and cleanliness. The Easley location may have been one of them.
Agreed. however, it looks like their drive through is back open, maybe they are renovating the buildng, huzzah for cleanliness

Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Agreed. however, it looks like their drive through is back open, maybe they are renovating the buildng, huzzah for cleanliness
If the Jack in the Box in Greer would close or get a complete makeover, then something would be done. This location has given me problems before. One visit was a messed up order and a dirty dining room. Another visit was the dining room closed during daytime hours so two associates working could focus on their more personal relationship. I am surprised this location remains open as better locations in Duncan, Congaree Road in Greenville, and Woodruff Road in Greenville closed. I do not patronize this location anymore, so I do not worry about it.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Say bye bye to Blockbuster in Powdersville. How this company along with Rite Aid haven't gone completely under yet like Border's is something I still don't understand.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM

176 posts, read 242,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Say bye bye to Blockbuster in Powdersville. How this company along with Rite Aid haven't gone completely under yet like Border's is something I still don't understand.
The one on Woodruff/Butler is closing too. No "Store Moving" signage on the Simpsonville location (Grandview Dr), but I never see more than a few cars in the lot at the Grandview Dr. Blockbuster, so it will probably close.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 AM

73 posts, read 121,932 times
Just noticed on my drive in today that Gerald West Interiors on Wade Hampton had a for sale sign in the front. I've always been curious about that business - quite the ornate building on a stretch of W-H with strip malls and fast food joints.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieman44 View Post
Just noticed on my drive in today that Gerald West Interiors on Wade Hampton had a for sale sign in the front. I've always been curious about that business - quite the ornate building on a stretch of W-H with strip malls and fast food joints.
It's been up for sale for quite a long time. I too was curious as I pass it daily, so I finally went in. Seems Gerald West passed away and his brother is selling off the inventory and the property. It's really an interesting place as far as the property goes - there's another house in the back that he lived in. Furnishings are really high priced, but some beautiful things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area