Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 07:42 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I wonder if they'll do their "First 100 people" thing there.. It's not technically a new location I wouldn't think but it is also not a remodel like what's been done with Simpsonville and Cherrydale(?)

I would expect they will do that .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 06:39 AM

292 posts, read 344,494 times
I see where the Marathon gas station at the corner of Hwy 14 and Woodruff Rd (across from the new Sprouts) is closed. Anyone know what might be going in there?

Old 08-13-2018, 01:26 PM

207 posts, read 216,501 times
Bailey's Sports Bar on Laurens Road has been closed for quite a while, but they have no demolished the building.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:39 PM

292 posts, read 344,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Bailey's Sports Bar on Laurens Road has been closed for quite a while, but they have no demolished the building.

That's kinda sad. Bailey's was one of the bars I used to go to back when I first moved to Greenville over 19 years ago.

Back then (when I was young, single, & naive) I would to go Bailey's, Gametime/Riptide, Chiefs (on Orchard Park), and the Astro (on Pleasantburg by Gville Tech). Now all of those places are long gone. The Astro always had an...interesting crowd.

The other thing I remember back when I first moved here was how many of the bars were "private clubs" that you had to apply for a membership. I guess it had something to do with the alcohol laws back then, but memberships were given out like candy. This was also back when we still had video slot machine everywhere.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:57 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
That's kinda sad. Bailey's was one of the bars I used to go to back when I first moved to Greenville over 19 years ago.

Back then (when I was young, single, & naive) I would to go Bailey's, Gametime/Riptide, Chiefs (on Orchard Park), and the Astro (on Pleasantburg by Gville Tech). Now all of those places are long gone. The Astro always had an...interesting crowd.

The other thing I remember back when I first moved here was how many of the bars were "private clubs" that you had to apply for a membership. I guess it had something to do with the alcohol laws back then, but memberships were given out like candy. This was also back when we still had video slot machine everywhere.
Use to be bars were required to serve food, which meant a kitchen, which could mean big bucks had to be spent. Private clubs didn't have to serve food, but had to sell the membership for a penny. Private clubs could stay open longer than regular bars as well. Im sure the laws have changed since the early 90s, when I worked at my Dads bar.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:07 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Use to be bars were required to serve food, which meant a kitchen, which could mean big bucks had to be spent. Private clubs didn't have to serve food, but had to sell the membership for a penny. Private clubs could stay open longer than regular bars as well. Im sure the laws have changed since the early 90s, when I worked at my Dads bar.

Private clubs could be open on Sunday as well.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:58 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,211,432 times
And allow smoking.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Private clubs could be open on Sunday as well.
That's true. However, in SC some of the counties wouldn't allow Sunday sales at all.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
And allow smoking.
There were no smoking bans in place that I recall back then, in bars or restaurants.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:50 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Chili’s is now closed on Woodruff Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area