Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM

807 posts, read 1,783,880 times

Advertisements

You are correct. I read it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,882 times
When did Caesar's Restaurant on South Pleasantburg close? Tried to go there with a group of friends today and found the sign gone, premises vacant, furniture removed etc.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
I guess Caesar's was not doing the business necessary to stay in operation. Its predecessor, Fatz, did good business at McAlister Square. Maybe another major local restaurant may want to succeed there.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Caesar's had been talking about doing a new concept for a while. I believe their lease was up and they weren't thrilled with the McAlister Square location. Caesar's was only open for lunch and special events.

I believe the owners will be making another go with a different concept restaurant in another location sometime soon. They've been gone from McAlister since.. I think the end of April.

While Fatz might have done good business there, and.. Wasn't it Picadilly or something before that?.. It was a different time in the life of McAlister Square. I'm amazed that the tobacco shop there has made it for so long, not because of popularity, but because it was open prior to all the changes that happened, when most retailers were given the boot.. As I recall.. The space they(tobacconist) are in used to be The Open Book many moons ago.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM

170 posts, read 355,751 times
There was an Morrison's there at one time. Not where Caesars was though.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Caesars was originally Fatz Café I believe.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Not that it has closed but has anyone ever seen customers at that new E-Town Burger place in Easley? Every time I drive by there, I never see customers in the parking lot. This is the place you almost "miss".... as you round the bend on 123....(It used to be a chinese restaurant, I think).

I read this review: "The huge (8 oz!) cheeseburger I ordered tasted really good, everything else was just meh. From the bad service, disorganized salad bar, and weird 'walk over and get your burger condiments at this small table by the salad bar' setup, I can't recommend this place. Drive on by and hit up Five Guys instead."

Old 06-14-2013, 09:10 AM

723 posts, read 1,148,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Not that it has closed but has anyone ever seen customers at that new E-Town Burger place in Easley? Every time I drive by there, I never see customers in the parking lot. This is the place you almost "miss".... as you round the bend on 123....(It used to be a chinese restaurant, I think).

I read this review: "The huge (8 oz!) cheeseburger I ordered tasted really good, everything else was just meh. From the bad service, disorganized salad bar, and weird 'walk over and get your burger condiments at this small table by the salad bar' setup, I can't recommend this place. Drive on by and hit up Five Guys instead."
This probably belongs in the "New retail/restaurant thread" as opposed to the "Recently closed businesses..." thread. (Unless and until the lack of cars in the parking lot leads to its demise, though I certainly don't wish that on the owners.)

Old 06-14-2013, 10:20 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I guess Caesar's was not doing the business necessary to stay in operation. Its predecessor, Fatz, did good business at McAlister Square. Maybe another major local restaurant may want to succeed there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Caesar's had been talking about doing a new concept for a while. I believe their lease was up and they weren't thrilled with the McAlister Square location. Caesar's was only open for lunch and special events.

I believe the owners will be making another go with a different concept restaurant in another location sometime soon. They've been gone from McAlister since.. I think the end of April.

While Fatz might have done good business there, and.. Wasn't it Picadilly or something before that?.. It was a different time in the life of McAlister Square. I'm amazed that the tobacco shop there has made it for so long, not because of popularity, but because it was open prior to all the changes that happened, when most retailers were given the boot.. As I recall.. The space they(tobacconist) are in used to be The Open Book many moons ago.
Morrison's Cafeteria was in another space, now a pediatric dental clinic or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Caesars was originally Fatz Café I believe.
Ding! Prior to relocating Woodruff Road believe until closing to become Tavern 24.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM

170 posts, read 355,751 times
24 on Main in Travelers Rest has closed it's doors. A micro brewery is to come so the rumor says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area